Parenting and Unparenting in the middle of an animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

6 answers to this question

You cant but that would be a useful feature. For now, what you can do is put a second sword at the same place in his hand. Put the first sword at alpha 0% while the other is at 100% (as a transition, put instant so it is cooler). Then you make it look like he drops the second sword was the first sword. Ill release an animation today, at one point I do the same with a torch. You'll see, Ill put the link here :D

yes but when you unparent it the item does not just stay where it is. Like the suggestions before have a duplicate item parented to the hand the whole time with visible turned off. Then when he picks it up just change the visible. And reverse the process if he is putting it down.

I came here because i wanted to know how to have someone walking, and then their head flies off, the body walks over to the head and puts it back on, but when the body moves over to the head, the head moves too. I know how to get around this with 2 objects and visibility and stuff, but i still would like this unparent feature next to the keyframe oneĀ :D