Idle/breathing animation test {30 FPS}

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

@Mike For which parts would you recommend/what variation of it? Here's what I used:

For the bending body I used "Ease in and out (quadratic)"
For the general whole body I used "Linear"
For the head I used "Ease out (quadratic)"
and finally for the rest of the arms I used "Ease out (cubic)"

Edited by kingnicolas27

7 minutes ago, Vixel said:

Too frequent breathing,slow it down, make it subtle, and allow more time in between.

Otherwise, it's fantastic! 

@Vixel Thank you so kindly! ^-^ I used to use an old rig made by SKIBZ (I think that's how you spell his name? Idek, haven't been here in ages), though there were so many parts so it kinda got me bored to use it and I stopped animating for a while. Though once I got this rig I got a lot more motivated and welp, I made this!

Apologies for seeming picky, though do you have any other critiques you could see? Or is what you said about all there is to fix up? :o 

31 minutes ago, Vixel said:

Too frequent breathing,slow it down, make it subtle, and allow more time in between.

Otherwise, it's fantastic! 

I slowed down the fps of the animation itself and re-uploaded it. What do you think of the difference?

Edited by kingnicolas27

49 minutes ago, kingnicolas27 said:

I slowed down the fps of the animation itself and re-uploaded it. What do you think of the difference?

MUCH, MUCh, MUch, Much, much BETTER.

i respect you alot because of the fact that you took your time to take my criticism, the animation looks more natural and realistic. Well done, be proud of yourself bro :)

1 hour ago, Vixel said:

MUCH, MUCh, MUch, Much, much BETTER.

My mind after reading your reaction: "O-oh my, they must, *teeth suck noise* enjoy it quite some bit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

1 hour ago, Vixel said:

I respect you alot because of the fact that you took your time to take my criticism, the animation looks more natural and realistic. Well done, be proud of yourself bro :)

Thank you ^_^! As I said before this rig has gotten me quite motivated to animate again, so I wanna be sure to perfect what I want to do as much as possible! Same goes to you as well, usually people are rude and just don't give any usefull tips to improve. However you took the time to actually be polite and give genuine legitimate criticism on how I can make these animations better and I did just that. So don't thank me!

Also, sorry for being picky again I just love getting this sort of rating xP

Though if you were to give my original one a rating from 1 to 100, what would it be? Same goes for the new one. Just would want to see how much you thought I improved on a more specific scale

Edited by kingnicolas27

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't get the jerking into a movement. I think all movements should have some sort of transition, even if it's a small one

Well, true I get where you're coming from. Though with all do respect I personally believe that every animation should have it's own unique attributes to it based on what the animator envisions and wants to achieve. Even if they have a bias such as (I know it's very very coincidental, but i'm not trying to make fun/insult you, it's simply the best possible example) "I think everything should have this, or that. No exceptions" and are set with that idea, if they make what they do flow well/have a pretty damn good animation, it turns out just as fine as everyone else ;D

Like for example your "Animate like you" video, even though you think *insert repeat cause too lazy*, you still make the animation look pretty great.

So yee, long story short as long as we all put lots of serious effort into it, all our animations will look awesome regardless of our animation style ;)