Fluid Animations

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

2 answers to this question

• Avoid using linear transitions if you can achieve a similar effect with ease-in or ease-out transitions.
  • Re-learn the 12 principles of animation, and understand why they are important.
    • Every movement can be divided into multiple poses. (Pose to Pose)
      • Most start learning with (Straight ahead action) but it leaves with little idea of how to go about a whole scene.
    • Make each movement have some sort of fluidity, making each action flow into the next (Anticipation)
    • Avoid straight lines of movement. (Arc)
    • Give movements some kind of secondary element to animate, like a cape flowing in the wind or a sword being swung with a character's slash. (Secondary action)
    • For less realistic animations, give the impact of each land or final movement some (Squash and Stretch)
  • Watch exactly how you can make a movement smooth. Try filming yourself doing it, and watching it again, or look at other animations for an idea of how it should work.

These are my go-to tops, but learning the 12 principles of animation is highly recommended. If you know them by heart, you won't get stuck as much on how to make something look good.

And each time you do it, it's all about diligence. Don't half-ass anything if you want those hot internet reputations.

I've got class now, so thats as much tips as I can give. Cya

it just happens im not quite sure my self but there are things like how fast and how slow it gos select a frame and it should be a box with transition on it and un fold that and choose how it moves example bounce looks like bounced curved line and it bounces if the 2nd frame is on the floor if you dont believe me do it your self it slightly moves a fluent way that you cant make with the normal transition its like using different tools to mold clay to make shapes