How to do export an object (with all of it's keyframes)?

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

How do I export an object that will contain all the keyframes and so on, so I can then import it into a different project?

Im running out of resources since I got a ton of mobs in my animation (that I don't need for now) so I want to delete this army, save the project under a different name so I have all of the resources I need to fine tune keyframes (impossible right now since I can't have a smooth playback) then import back the character with all it's keyframes in the project that contains the army of mobs,.

I tried hiding all of the army of mobs in hopes that the program would stop consuming resources (kinda like hiding lights to get more fps) but it doesn't work.

Edited by moniker

2 answers to this question

So what you do is you select the object that you want to export, then in the timeline once it is selected you will see a save icon in the bottom left (next to the trashcan). Click it, and it will allow you to export it as a .object file. Then when you make a new project, click on the button at the top right next to the "Create new project button". Open the .object file and presto!

The keyframes should also be there with the object.