Making invisible a bunch of objects at once

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

How do I select a bunch of objects at once to make them invisible? When I select more than 1 object at once on the timeline and click on the eye icon, the only one that goes invisible/visible is the one that was first clicked.

I want to make the object invisible for the entire animation, just trying to get the render to work in real time again with shadows on.

Edited by moniker

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, moniker said:

How do I select a bunch of objects at once to make them invisible? When I select more than 1 object at once on the timeline and click on the eye icon, the only one that goes invisible/visible is the one that was first clicked.

I want to make the object invisible for the entire animation, just trying to get the render to work in real time again with shadows on.

That last part doesn't use the eye icon, there is another button in the keyframe menu. That's the one that works.

(P.D. If you want the object to be invisible for the entire animation, why not just delete it?)

8 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

That last part doesn't use the eye icon, there is another button in the keyframe menu. That's the one that works.

(P.D. If you want the object to be invisible for the entire animation, why not just delete it?)

Because i want to take off stress from my computer in order to be able to get realtime shadows in the render to adjust the lights since the new version somehow broke it and you get "rendered in X seconds" thing when you have as little as some point lights and some schematics and characters. Let's just hope David fixes it soon.

6 minutes ago, moniker said:

Because i want to take off stress from my computer in order to be able to get realtime shadows in the render to adjust the lights since the new version somehow broke it and you get "rendered in X seconds" thing when you have as little as some point lights and some schematics and characters. Let's just hope David fixes it soon.

That's... Not a bug, and it was not the program... It's your graphics card power. It cannot afford to render the whole scene so it does that to "protect" your computer.

Just now, Marty McFly said:

That's... Not a bug, and it was not the program... It's your graphics card power. It cannot afford to render the whole scene so it does that to "protect" your computer.

Demo 5 was able to render it in real time (with better shadow quality btw). When I disable SSAO and AA which are the new render features, given the scene is exactly the same, it should be able to render it as well, therefore it's the program.