Duplicating a character and it's keyframes, replacing it's skin.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I have a character with a certain skin, i've animated him. Now I want to duplicate it, move it away and then use the same keyframes for another character at the side, using a different skin. Let's say I want to walk them in sync side to side. It seems I can't do this. I don't understand why you can't change skins on the fly, it seems you have to create a new entity in "Library" for each skin you want to use. Which leaves me without the posibility to re-utilize the keyframes from other characters specially the basic ones that work for all entities such as walking.  I can't also try to copy keyframes from one character to another in the timeline. So im asking: How do I ago about this?

Edited by moniker

6 answers to this question

You have to use that method you mentioned before. Create a new entiiy and do it all again. There is no other way, But in the next version of Mine-Imator we will be able to copy-paste keyframes to other entities.

Welcome to the future.

You can, change the texture (found in keyframes) in the top character layer to a different skin. Do this while having all keyframes selected.

But im afraid this doesn't save me from redoing every keyframe from scratch everytime I want to use a different character with a different skin (no posibility to use the walking cycle of an existing character into another character to save time).

But im afraid this doesn't save me from redoing every keyframe from scratch everytime I want to use a different character with a different skin (no posibility to use the walking cycle of an existing character into another character to save time).

drag select the keyframes then do what David said

If you're talking about changing skins in different scenes (as in: in one scene the character has one skin, then in the next has another) I just add a new character (a "stunt double" if you will) with a diff skin, then make the original character invisible. I don't know what version you're talking about. but I'm using the 0.7 demo because 1.0.0 confuses me :|

EDIT: That's pretty much the only way I know of :|

Edited by SydneyIzMe
Forgot to add a part :I