The Quaventures in Earthland: Ep 1

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's been a long time since I'd finished by series Players vs NPCs, which can be found here:

Now I've finally begun my follow up series: The Quaventures in Earthland. I hope you enjoy the first episode. Please give me any feedback that may help me animate in the future.

Edited by deskybrown

The female voice was dreadful and way to high to be plausible, the voice acting for the rest of it was alright though unconvincing at times. The point where Trent directs the miners attention towards a villager who isn't there is very cheesy and wouldn't realistically work. There were a few other moments where it was slightly cheesy as well.

The animation was mediocre but I see this as fine since the animation is pretty long and it takes forever to animate. The story line didn't come across quite as well as it did in Players vs NPC's although it's still good. The bit about Trents mom would have come across better if it had been subtly hinted at preferably in an offhand way in an earlier episode.(The viewer has no idea that Trent is an orphan, if they had known before now it would have provided a little more context for the plot point of his mom being killed.) It seemed a little bit forced, I'm only criticizing it this much because I like it and I hope to see more.

Jerkboi - thanks, I hope to finish the next episode in the somewhat near future. and your name seems misleading, you seem like a pretty nice guy.

TheSnow - Though it is not traditional for the number out of ten to be larger than ten, I really appreciate the credit that you have given me.

blocker - I do love being complimented, but I also love being given advice. I know nothing is perfect, and it always help when someone tells where those flaws are. I will use what you said to my advantage when animating.

Amethyst - I recall your comment on Players vs Npcs and It makes me happy to see you have become invested in the story of Trent and Joey and your points are valid and probably right, and I will definitely be using these suggestions. Thank you so much for your help. Also, I understand that the story didn't come as well across, but that is because this series is going to have a lot more parts than Players vs Npcs, so I can have a much more in dept story this time, because; episode 1 of PvN was a day and a half, but Quaventures ep 1 (excluding the 17 years ago) trent and Joey's story was only about an hour this episode.

Yah, I know Trent's mom's voice is weird, but her character is suppose to show how Trent doesn't have the best genetics when it comes to brains