[Nub Question] Help with the new Camera feature?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I'm pretty new to the whole 1.0.0 beta (but not to Mine-imator, I've had that for almost a year), and I have tried to use the new Camera feature. I don't understand it at all, how do I use it? I think it's MEANT to be like the old Camera feature you would find under Instances, but when I use it it just shows the outline of a camera that moves (if I've moved it's position over keyframes). I would like someone who knows how to use this feature to explain to me how to use it in a detailed fashion, not just "nub you move it and it moves the screen".

Thanks,

MCM.  o.O

2 answers to this question

In the bottom row of the MI menu (highlight the crafting table) there is a button that looks a bit like 2 windows (screenshots to follow). Clicking this will show the animation from the view of the camera.

From there you can just move the camera like you would any other object, and the animation will be rendered from the view of that camera (the same view you should be seeing if you click the button).