Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR1BLd9OPRE

Hi all, this is my first ever time animating something!

What we have for your viewing pleasure today is a skin swap on the standard Steve model so it now looks like my character. He walks over a pressure plate, and he's holding his favourite tool, a diamond pickaxe.

I think this went well, but have been struggling to get any kind of decent feedback. The only feedback I've had other than +1's and the generic "nice" is "make it a bit longer", but for a test animation I didn't think the length would have been that much of an issue.

So if anybody has some constructive critique they'd like to leave for me, please feel free to do so. Tell me what I've done right; let me know where I can improve.

Cheers!

I like the animation you got there, but instead of him just walking along after the pressure plate, I think he should notice the pressure plate, look down, and there should be a flash. You can do the flash with a Video Editing program like Sony Vegas and such. The Flash isn't necessary, but i think the other suggestions can make it better. 

Edited by HamsterProductions

I like the animation you got there, but instead of him just walking along after the pressure plate, I think he should notice the pressure plate, look down, and there should be a flash. You can do the flash with a Video Editing program like Sony Vegas and such. The Flash isn't necessary, but i think the other suggestions can make it better. 

Funny you mention Vegas, guess how I added the sounds! ;) You mention actual things I could animate differently, but what do you feel about the speed of it?

It makes a grass sound while stepping on the plate, :P

Woops, hadn't crossed my mind lol! For some reason I thought "pressure plate on top of grass = both sounds", will make sure to avoid that for next time.

Funny you mention Vegas, guess how I added the sounds! ;) You mention actual things I could animate differently, but what do you feel about the speed of it?

Woops, hadn't crossed my mind lol! For some reason I thought "pressure plate on top of grass = both sounds", will make sure to avoid that for next time.

if it's short animations like this, the speed is fine, but if you are gonna make a bigger animation, he should walk a bit faster

if it's short animations like this, the speed is fine, but if you are gonna make a bigger animation, he should walk a bit faster

Good advice, thank you :) Also cheers for taking the time to view the footage!