Automatic special blocks in schematics

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Now this is where I'm least experienced in coding: reading files. As such, I have no idea if this is easily possible or if it would take a lot of work, especially in GM.

When one imports a schematic into an animation, if there are any chests, doors, levers, or other moveable blocks, they are always attached to the schematic. What would be cool and no doubt useful for those who are really forgetful (such as myself ^^ ;), is the automatic conversion of blocks such as doors, trapdoors, levers, etc. into special blocks or regular blocks, parented to the schematic.

Also, for those who are using schematics as background props or something it would be nice to have a tick-box or something to toggle whether to automatically create those kinds of blocks.

I can honestly say for once that I'm not sure if this could be done, but there's my thought.

Also, for those who are using schematics as background props or something it would be nice to have a tick-box or something to toggle whether to automatically create those kinds of blocks.

Onthetopicofbackgroundprops, Can the schematic importer have an option to only import blocks that are adjacent to air blocks, since it registers those as a block? This would probably help with making backgrounds, but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about

Onthetopicofbackgroundprops, Can the schematic importer have an option to only import blocks that are adjacent to air blocks, since it registers those as a block? This would probably help with making backgrounds, but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about

If I understand your post correctly, you want only visible blocks to be imported. I believe the schematic importer already does this.

If I understand your post correctly, you want only visible blocks to be imported. I believe the schematic importer already does this.

but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about

yup

3hsDT4q.png