Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey The Glorious David, my name is also The Glorious David I have been using Gamemaker for about 4 years and awhile ago I made this script take a look.

if object1.x>=object2.x && object1.x <= object2.x+object2.sprite_width && object1.y = object2.y {
return true
}else if object1.x<=object2.x && object1.x >= object2.x-object2.sprite_width && object1.y = object2.y {
return true
}else if object1.y>=object2.y && object1.y <= object2.y+object2.sprite_height && object1.x >= object2.x && object1.x<=object2.x+object2.sprite_width {
return true
}else if object1.y<=object2.y && object1.y >= object2.y-object2.sprite_height && object1.x >= object2.x && object1.x<=object2.x+object2.sprite_width {
return true
}else if object1.y>=object2.y && object1.y <= object2.y+object2.sprite_height && object1.x <= object2.x && object1.x>=object2.x-object2.sprite_width {
return true
}else if object1.y<=object2.y && object1.y >= object2.y-object2.sprite_height && object1.x <= object2.x && object1.x>=object2.x-object2.sprite_width {
return true
}else{
return false
}

3D sorry I make a 3DD codeI 

I USED SPRITES FOR A 3D GAME WOW LOL.

Edited by x33perking

wat. That code does nothing... only returns true/false... I guess from the title that it's suppose to emulate physics, but keep in mind that Mine-imator is in 3D, and it greatly complicates matters, you can't just compare collision boxes/masks, objects in Mine-imator (especially schematics) have irregular shapes.

Sorry The Glorious David, I might use a different version of gm.

This worked for my game, and it was 3d in most senses.

I'll try better master.

From what I can see from the code snippet, you're only checking collisions along the x/y axis, there's no .z in there. This shouldn't work very well in 3D. :|

I know It could be a little less sloppy.

P.S I forgot to put in the z coordinate for 3 dimensions.

MES A NOOB AT CODING LOL.

P.S I made this for my first 3d platformer where the other stuff was 3d, but the character  wasn't so yah. It's kind of like fez.