salvaotero98's Cape Rig (Minecone 2013)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey guys, today I bring you a Minecone 2013 Cape Rig! I did it in one hour but I had to go to sleep, so I am uploading it today.

The cape has 16 Items with 10 pixels each item. This is flexible for the one who is an animator, (not like me, I am just a rigger). 

In the images it is not that flexible because I am good rigger, but not good animator :P , so I cant make a perfect bend.

Well, time for the pictures!

Curve:

fL9nW4q.png

Cape: 

bMsw5eE.png

Coming soon!:

More Capes

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?crjbjur5e5ej233

Well I don't know what's the point of these bending capes..

MCWarrior made first one, then more came.. but not this the problem.

The problem is, when you're gonna animate this cape, you gonna rotate every single piece of it in every frame, and then move it to the correct location.. So much pain..

That's why there's something called Cloth simulation.. which we hope it arrives in Mine-Imator.

Edited by CaptainMaxwell

Well I don't know what's the point of these bending capes..

MCWarrior made first one, then more came.. but not this the problem.

The problem is, when you're gonna animate this cape, you gonna rotate every single piece of it in every frame, and then move it to the correct location.. So much pain..

That's why there's something called Cloth simulation.. which we hope it arrives in Mine-Imator.

You Can Use An Item Sheet Cape But It Won't Bend :D

You Can Use An Item Sheet Cape But It Won't Bend :D

I know, but I'm talking about how useless those bending capes are at the moment. :/

I mean seriously, we're already having hard time doing facial animations, and now cape? it's more way harder than facial.

Hey guys, today I bring you a Minecone 2013 Cape Rig! I did it in one hour but I had to go to sleep, so I am uploading it today.

The cape has 16 Items with 10 pixels each item. This is flexible for the one who is an animator, (not like me, I am just a rigger). 

In the images it is not that flexible because I am good rigger, but not good animator :P , so I cant make a perfect bend.

What's a Minecone? Sounds delicous!

Good work!

I know, but I'm talking about how useless those bending capes are at the moment. :/

I mean seriously, we're already having hard time doing facial animations, and now cape? it's more way harder than facial.

Actually i think it's probably Easier than facial rigs.

Edited by BOOMmaker

Actually i think it's probably Easier than facial rigs.

Well, I don't see either of them easier than the other.

Facial: Resize every side of the mouth to make it do a letter shape on every frame..

This cape: Rotate it, and move it again on every frame.. Let's say I wanna make it bend more, I'ill have to rotate more.. the move more and like link them to each other.. Oh God..

Well, I don't see either of them easier than the other.

Facial: Resize every side of the mouth to make it do a letter shape on every frame..

This cape: Rotate it, and move it again on every frame.. Let's say I wanna make it bend more, I'ill have to rotate more.. the move more and like link them to each other.. Oh God..

it's just time consuming. :P 

it's just time consuming. :P

Which is why if I am using rigs like that, I always animate the actual models all the way to the end, and then edit the animation to add whatever rigs I have to, then animate those. Works for me. :P