Need Help With Matching Audio to Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

5 answers to this question

If the audio's not fixed, do the animation then voice over it.

If it is fixed audio, try splitting the animation into smaller sections and get each one in sync. Maybe add some more camera cuts so you can shorten the scenes so there's less stress. Other than that, it's pretty much always a bit of a slog.

A good way  is to write down how long the sound file is, then match it in mine-imator. In the bottom left, (next to the timeline zoom) it will show exactly how many seconds have elapsed so this can make the matching up process much easier. If it helps, increase the Frames-per-second from the default 20 to a more manageable speed like 40. It may be weird to work in, but it allows for much more to be done in the short time. Then simply animate according to the speed of the file.

However I start to sync sound only when I'm finished with the entire animation from top to bottom. Sound syncing first is a bad way to go and make the immersion of your story seem shorter.

Eventually though we will have some sort of sound timeline so stay tuned for that.

Edited by ÜberKiller