Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

When I export my animation out of mineimator, all that I get is a black video.

Now, I know that so many people have had this issue that this must be getting old by now, but I'm not doing the stupid things like minimizing the program or using an uncompressed codec.

No, I'm using the codec Windows Video 1, with an animation a few seconds long. (Although I had to set the tempo to 5 to get over a second of animation, I didn't space the keyframes out enough.) I'm keeping mineimator open and making sure my pc won't snooze. Etc etc. I've tried small window and maximized, and all the different recording options under the spanner. I even tried some of the other codecs. Still just a black video.

I also tried a different program to play it back with just in case it was media player, but nope, it's definitely the recording.

So basically, what can I do to short this issue out? I'm using version 0.6.2 on windows 7. It's just a really simple test animation, but I really need this sorted for when I finally get around to doing the long animation I downloaded this program for in the first place. So any help would be appreciated. :)

7 answers to this question

@Rummy: As I said in the PM, you can just as easily tell me here. I don't friend strangers on Skype (or facebook for that matter) unless one of my best friends knows them in real life.

@ AwesomeShah: Well, I certainly tried both of my two test animations and the disco inbuilt one so far and neither of them worked... I'm going to try redownloading mineimator and if that doesn't work I'll talk to The Glorious David. :)

*edit* wait, I just realised you probably meant all the codecs, not all the animations xD *goes to try all the codecs* *end of edit*

@ nickandfriends: It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue xD. On both the mineimator issue and the not being helped issue lol. (same thing has happened to me other places. xD)

Edited by UnicornCrazy

The reason the video is black is because it is in .avi format. To get it out of this format, download a video file converter, such as Prisim, and convert the video to a .mov file. after this you will see video and the animation will run smoothly.

I found the problem guys!

I got a new pc for my birthday that is more powerful and the exporting works. It would appear the it was just that my old PC was slow, and the higher memory and stuff of my new computer is allowing minimator to work fine and export properly. ^_^ Basically my old PC just couldn't render it right xD.