Where I can get Mojang's lighting (Minecraft promo art style) in Mine-imator?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

2 answers to this question

For only the Lighting? Well since you don't wanna hear that answer I am just going to give you some Tipps on how to improve your Rendering skills,

• Minecraft has hard flat shadows, and I usually accomplish this, by upscaling the whole project up to 8 or 10 times (Add everything into a folder and scale it by 8 or 10) (Also, at this point make the sun light in the Background settings black, it wont work correctly anyways, use Point and Spot lights to get better results, increase their range of course)

S6WhEEd.png

• For darker shadows, I change the "Ambient" light to something darker, sometimes even to black to get a decent black shadow

gz9rcrV.png

• Also Minecraft makes everything reflective, but the reflections are blurry so with Mine-imator 2.0 use reflections (Roughness) and play with the setting (Roughness somewhere over "80") (Also go into the Render Settings and change the settings there to to make it more blurry Change the Precision to something way lower then 30)

• Dont use my settings, they aren't really set for this and I don't wanna reset them for my normal renders...

fAfTXQt.pngvsCplk9.png

• Now your least favourite part the Shadow Render Settings... just... disable transparent shadows and change it to Big or, if your PC can handle it, then to something bigger.

le6pL6S.png

• Then, something close to this will come out, now just adjust these settings to your likings and you should be good to go!

LPq0sQV.png

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by Fox Miner