The file has been corrupted or created in a deprecated version of mine imator, Can Anyone Help Fix This?

Question

the log 

11:20:29 AM Opening project: E:/Users/_/Documents/WSPIANOMIDICRAP/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Projects/Last Resort Blast Test1/Last Resort Blast Test1.miproject
11:20:29 AM JSON error: illegal value on line 24
11:20:29 AM Could not parse JSON file: E:/Users/_/Documents/WSPIANOMIDICRAP/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Projects/Last Resort Blast Test1/Last Resort Blast Test1.miproject

What Do I Do? All Backups Are corrupt to, it was working fine last night.

3 answers to this question

On 1/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, ZakkaryTheAnimator said:

the log 

11:20:29 AM Opening project: E:/Users/_/Documents/WSPIANOMIDICRAP/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Projects/Last Resort Blast Test1/Last Resort Blast Test1.miproject
11:20:29 AM JSON error: illegal value on line 24
11:20:29 AM Could not parse JSON file: E:/Users/_/Documents/WSPIANOMIDICRAP/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 4/Projects/Last Resort Blast Test1/Last Resort Blast Test1.miproject

What Do I Do? All Backups Are corrupt to, it was working fine last night.

OMG I JUST RECOVERED IT! I made a new project and then edited the old miproject with notepad and copied everything into the new miproject file

On 1/30/2023 at 6:57 PM, ZakkaryTheAnimator said:

OMG I JUST RECOVERED IT! I made a new project and then edited the old miproject with notepad and copied everything into the new miproject file

Makes sense, and it is actually kind of smart, but sometimes try using the Backup files, those might help too.

Though respect that how you managed to do it with Notepad!

Alright, update time. So this same issue has happened to me on different projects, and I've found when looking at the miprojects in Notepad, all the camera location settings were null. So all I had to do was set the values from null to correct camera values. To do that, I copied a blank project's camera position into the miproject Notepad file. Keep in mind, sometimes you might have to copy and paste the broken miproject Notepad text into a new miproject file and then fix the camera, but I didn't have to do that every time. But, man, if it weren't for using Notepad, so many of my projects would be gone for good, since in all these scenarios, all the backups were completely corrupt as well. I wanted to come back and revisit this so that if people are having the same issue, they could try to do what I did. I hope that what I've said here will help out those in similar situations to me.