Sword fighting

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Anyone know good ways to make sword fights? I'm not the best at animating, so sword fights are pretty hard. One issue I have is that the characters are never close enough and their swords never reach their opponent or the opponent's sword. I literally have to put them so weirdly close to each other for swords to collide or to land hits. So yeah, can anyone help?

3 answers to this question

On 6/29/2022 at 2:29 AM, Skeleton said:

Anyone know good ways to make sword fights? I'm not the best at animating, so sword fights are pretty hard. One issue I have is that the characters are never close enough and their swords never reach their opponent or the opponent's sword. I literally have to put them so weirdly close to each other for swords to collide or to land hits. So yeah, can anyone help?

I can't really help you much with this, what I can tell you is try watching some tutorial videos or look at some pose references.

Some resources, I do not own these nor create them.

I hope this helps

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be any tutorials for Mine Imator sword fighting. There is a livestream I found though but it's 2 hours long. I'll link it to you but you don't have to watch it

Edited by ShadowUnicorn_Gaming
None Given

On 7/5/2022 at 8:06 AM, ShadowUnicorn_Gaming said:

I can't really help you much with this, what I can tell you is try watching some tutorial videos or look at some pose references.

Some resources, I do not own these nor create them.

I hope this helps

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be any tutorials for Mine Imator sword fighting. There is a livestream I found though but it's 2 hours long. I'll link it to you but you don't have to watch it

Ok thank you.