[Mine-Imator 2.0 Pre-release 1] Graphical glitch on the resolution of Mine-Imator UI display (for 1440p display)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello,

Recently, I discovered, after installing Mine-Imator 2.0 Pre-release 1, the UI seem to be abnormally large and low-res.

To demonstrate what I mean, simply inspect these images:

Spoiler

0rFUDev.png

Image 1: Startup loading screen for MI, taking up an abnormally large chunk of the screen, the text and the Steve character is quite pixelated on the edge and quite blurry upon close inspection

fRD9Toj.png

Image 2: Startup screen, taking up 2/3 of the screen1jgAoxe.png

Image 3: UI in the workspace, appears pretty chunky, texts appear to be blurry upon close inspectionwWxxzQF.png

Image 4: The menu, taking up half of the screen, and the entirety of the workspace

After doing a bit of digging, I discovered some more information, and came up with some potential theory on why such things would occur.

FACTS:

Here are some information I know for sure:

• This issue was not present in pervious version (1.2.9), interestingly, in 1.2.9, the UI scaling seem to be quite small. Images from 1.2.9 will be attached for better comparation.
Spoiler

5KXK9H3.png

Recreation of image 2 in 1.2.9BTSwD8j.png

Recreation of image 3 in 1.2.9Yfo0tor.png

Recreation of image 4 in 1.2.9

• This issue does not occur when the screen resolution is set to 1920x1080, however, I am reluctant to implement that as a fix, as it will affect everything else on my PC
  • inside the Mine-Imator setting file 'setting.midata', there are valuables titled "rect", this is most likely the cause of the issue. The values suggest that MI have misidentified my monitor resolution to be 1280p, which would explain the abnormally large and blurry UI elements. Attempt at altering this value is futile, as the document will be updated to revert to this value whenever MI is launched, and option to edit MI resolution in-app is not yet implemented 
Spoiler

rYG08sv.png

• These options are not present in 1.2.9 version of Mine-Imator

ASSUMPTIONS:

based on my observations, I have made the following assumptions that may or may not be correct/relevant.

• That the issue was caused by Mine-Imator misidentifying my monitor as a 1280p monitor
  • That the issue is only present on 2.0, because in pervious versions, Mine-Imator will not adjust accordingly to screen resolution, but will just default at using 1080p resolution for the window. This function was only added as an attempt at fixing the issue where in previous version, the UI scaling will get too tiny on screens with higher resolution (1440p, 4K, etc.)
  • I am uncertain that if Mine-Imator would only mislabel my monitor, or if it would mislabel all 1440p monitors, as I cannot replicate this issue due to me only owning 1 computer with 1440p screen. I have not seen any similar report on this issue.

If the assumptions are correct, I suggest that the best way to implement a fix is to introduce an option where we would be able to set the resolution for Mine-Imator, to prevent mislabelling like such from happening. (Unless there is already such option, that I am unable to discover)

Anyway, I hope my description on this issue is detailed enough. This is by no mean software-breaking bug, but it is still mildly frustrating, as getting half of you screen covered up while working on projects really bothers me. I hope this post is helpful and thanks all devs for creating an overall awesome software.

Edited by RuthlessNail
formatting