Mineamator MP4 files not uploading to sites

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Might be a dumb question but I have Yet to find a website like discord, twitter, Tenor, or Giphy, that will accept the MP4 Files that Mineamator outputs until I put them thru a online MP4 file converter that converts them into MP4 files then they work fine.

Wondering if there is something I need to do when creating a MP4 file in mineamator 1.2.8 to create MP4 files that are acceptable 

3 answers to this question

For some reason, Mine-Imator MP4's are really broken, I always just end up rendering it out as a PNG sequence and then importing said sequence into After Effects to convert it into a video, it's a bit of a workaround but this is the same workflow I use for blender so not like it matters much.

You could try exporting as a WMV or something like that instead, maybe that'd help? Handbrake also works for converting but there is some quality loss.

Edited by Keep on Chucking
Typo

1 hour ago, Keep on Chucking said:

For some reason, Mine-Imator MP4's are really broken, I always just end up rendering it out as a PNG sequence and then importing said sequence into After Effects to convert it into a video, it's a bit of a workaround but this is the same workflow I use for blender so not like it matters much.

You could try exporting as a WMV or something like that instead, maybe that'd help? Handbrake also works for converting but there is some quality loss.

its weird, I've tried mp4, mov, and wmv, no luck in sharing any of the animations on multiple platforms it's either blank or the animation never goes past the 1st frame, hoping to find the trick i'm missing that allows mineamator to output animations that can be shared online without a 3rd party tool or program