Importing a Minecraft World

AlphaTony
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi guys, just a quick question,

does anyone know how to take a Minecraft world and have that added to your animation? I'm not 100% sure you can, but I heard that somehow you can do that. Any tips or help is greatly appretiated. Thanks!

AlphaTony

7 answers to this question

Hi guys, just a quick question,

does anyone know how to take a Minecraft world and have that added to your animation? I'm not 100% sure you can, but I heard that somehow you can do that. Any tips or help is greatly appretiated. Thanks!

AlphaTony

Alrighty, first go to the right interface. click add-then click shematic. then click on the bar that lets you choose schematics-then click import from worl. and you can do it from on there yourself. Hope I helped :)

oh ya that only works on 0.7

on 0.6.2 you have to mcedit to get the schematic

Edited by Wowman

Alrighty, first go to the right interface. click add-then click shematic. then click on the bar that lets you choose schematics-then click import from worl. and you can do it from on there yourself. Hope I helped :)

I could have said it better myself. But if you are using 0.6.2, you have to use http://www.stuffbydavid.com/downloads/Schematic%20exporter.zip then find his world, select the part you want then export as schematic. Click the add schematic and choose his schematic from the world.

I'm using 0.6.2, but thanks for the help!

Quick question, for the exporter, I've got the world I wanted, but when I try to import, it says something about needing the newer version for the program and not importing. Is there something I've done wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by AlphaTony

I'm using 0.6.2, but thanks for the help!

Quick question, for the exporter, I've got the world I wanted, but when I try to import, it says something about needing the newer version for the program and not importing. Is there something I've done wrong?

Thanks.

I'd suggest using MCEdit to change the file to a .schematic.  That's the only type that the 0.6.2 version of the program can use.