where is the Bendering scale setting

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

2 answers to this question

The purpose of that setting was to fix a visual issue with bending.

8a1c404488ca6c80a947600a4202edb8.gif

Notice how the pattern on the shirt flickers as I move the camera. It's called "z-fighting", and it happens because two surfaces are in the exact same space. Because of that, when the program needs to draw them on the screen, it doesn't know exactly which one to draw on top of the other, so you get random flickering and artifacts.

The bending scale setting was added to help fix the issue. As the name suggests, it scales up the bit that bends, this way, one surface is always on top of the other, and z-fighting issues disappear.

462e9a5039dc5fe89ed8355a3f6ffac1.gif

However, it was removed at some point. We don't really know why, my guess is that it just... wasn't that useful, since it looks pretty bad if you increase it beyond the default scale.

ok thanks

1 hour ago, Voxy said:

The purpose of that setting was to fix a visual issue with bending.

8a1c404488ca6c80a947600a4202edb8.gif

Notice how the pattern on the shirt flickers as I move the camera. It's called "z-fighting", and it happens because two surfaces are in the exact same space. Because of that, when the program needs to draw them on the screen, it doesn't know exactly which one to draw on top of the other, so you get random flickering and artifacts.

The bending scale setting was added to help fix the issue. As the name suggests, it scales up the bit that bends, this way, one surface is always on top of the other, and z-fighting issues disappear.

462e9a5039dc5fe89ed8355a3f6ffac1.gif

However, it was removed at some point. We don't really know why, my guess is that it just... wasn't that useful, since it looks pretty bad if you increase it beyond the default scale.

ok thank you, its a shame they removed it but i guess they had