Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I'm making a new animation (complex at that), and wondering how to pick something up, via the lock tool. More precisely,  is it possible to lock something to something else during the animation (at one segment for a length of time), for example, could I lock a sword to someone's arm for 20% of the animation, and put it somewhere else for the other 80%.

3 answers to this question

If I had to offer one feature to be added to Mine-Imator, it would be the ability to lock something for a few frames. I might as well just teleport the sword to his arm of something. Now that I think of it though, you could do something like this, just pour in twice the effort. I don't honestly know.

You will need 2 of the item your using. The one that is parented to the character is fine. When he puts it down. The item in his hand will disappear (accomplish this by going down into keyframe. Then click visible. Next goto the item that is NOT parented and place it where the guy put it down. At the start of the animation goto keyframe then click the visible to be off. When the character puts it down you click visible on the keyframe. Hopefully this helps? If you don't get what im saying ill show some screenshots :)