I need help with making rigs

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Ok so, i need help i'm working on a rig, but i have no idea what to do, i can't seem to find an documentation on the topic, i simply need to know how to export them and what do you do to make them?

7 answers to this question

To import a rig, there should be a import option to import other projects and rigs into your current project.

To make a rig, use whatever you want in the tab you use to spawn stuff in, best to use the shapes such as cubes, spheres, and cylinders. Try looking at some rigs made by the community, you should see how it was made, or atleast the items and structure.

25 minutes ago, FallenChaser said:

To import a rig, there should be a import option to import other projects and rigs into your current project.

To make a rig, use whatever you want in the tab you use to spawn stuff in, best to use the shapes such as cubes, spheres, and cylinders. Try looking at some rigs made by the community, you should see how it was made, or atleast the items and structure.

i kinda figured that was how, but i want to know, do i simply export them with a single frame and then change the file to .object?

and if i add custom textures will they stay when i export them?

Making a rig is a hard work.

I usually do a new folder to have all of my materials in one spot, you should do that too, it's easier than having all of the materials you need in different places.

Start off by planning what do you want to do; let's say i want to make a steve rig with moveable eyes.

Then, begin making the skin. Since we only want a steve rig with moveable eyes, let's simply fetch a steve skin and remove it's eyes (Not just make them white)

After that, make the textures you'll use. Search for an item template, then use Gimp or other program and, since we only want the eyes, lets just make a black cube and a white cube.

Then open mine-imator and spawn a human, then put the custom skin.

Now spawn the items with your custom item template.

After you have all of that, we hierach the white cube on steve's head and resize it so it doesn't clip. You should put it as close to the "eye-holes" as you can.

Then hierach two little black pupils on the eye, and that's it.

You just need to save it, and you can use it anywhere.

26 minutes ago, tntmod54321 said:

i kinda figured that was how, but i want to know, do i simply export them with a single frame and then change the file to .object?

and if i add custom textures will they stay when i export them?

Well what you want to do is put all the objects that are part of the rig, in a folder in M-I. Most people organize it more thoroughly though. And the custom textures stay, as long as where you put the .object, the textures are with it, which M-I does automatically.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:30 PM, Kilonn said:

Well what you want to do is put all the objects that are part of the rig, in a folder in M-I. Most people organize it more thoroughly though. And the custom textures stay, as long as where you put the .object, the textures are with it, which M-I does automatically.

I Figured but how do i make it a .Object?

11 hours ago, tntmod54321 said:

I Figured but how do i make it a .Object?

After you have those items selected ( you should click on the folder(s) with your rig. In the bottom left there should be an icon that looks like a save icon. You click on that.

4 minutes ago, Kilonn said:

After you have those items selected ( you should click on the folder(s) with your rig. In the bottom left there should be an icon that looks like a save icon. You click on that.

Ah, ok i will try it thanks.

7 minutes ago, Kilonn said:

Nevermind! it is to export the selected keyframe, which does not make it a .object, or even a useable option!

On 4/21/2016 at 5:27 PM, willingsas said:

Making a rig is a hard work.

I usually do a new folder to have all of my materials in one spot, you should do that too, it's easier than having all of the materials you need in different places.

Start off by planning what do you want to do; let's say i want to make a steve rig with moveable eyes.

Then, begin making the skin. Since we only want a steve rig with moveable eyes, let's simply fetch a steve skin and remove it's eyes (Not just make them white)

After that, make the textures you'll use. Search for an item template, then use Gimp or other program and, since we only want the eyes, lets just make a black cube and a white cube.

Then open mine-imator and spawn a human, then put the custom skin.

Now spawn the items with your custom item template.

After you have all of that, we hierach the white cube on steve's head and resize it so it doesn't clip. You should put it as close to the "eye-holes" as you can.

Then hierach two little black pupils on the eye, and that's it.

You just need to save it, and you can use it anywhere.

I have actually made a rig for this in version 1.0.0, but what i did was make the model, then just copy the file and repaste it and build off of it