Mine-imator 1.0.6 without DirectX

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi there! So I have a suggestion...

I have Mine-imator on my Mac using Wine Bottler but I can only use 0.6.2 or below! I can't use 1.0.X (1.0.0 and above) because I can't get direct x! Even using wine bottler! I tried but I couldn't! Is it possible for mine-imator to have a version that is at least 1.0.0 without direct X? Oh and also why dose Mine-imator need direct X anyway?

Thanks

(I know I'm talking to myself but I'm asking anyway!)

1 hour ago, PokèMonument said:

Hi there! So I have a suggestion...

I have Mine-imator on my Mac using Wine Bottler but I can only use 0.6.2 or below! I can't use 1.0.X (1.0.0 and above) because I can't get direct x! Even using wine bottler! I tried but I couldn't! Is it possible for mine-imator to have a version that is at least 1.0.0 without direct X? Oh and also why dose Mine-imator need direct X anyway?

Thanks

(I know I'm talking to myself but I'm asking anyway!)

It needs direct X because are decepticon said, alot of programs and applications on windows use something called 'shader model <version>'. Direct X provides capability with it.

As for getting it on mac, it's semi possible, but only with external applications, you can't get Direct X natively.
You should try other programs besides Wine Bottler.

Try BootCamp and Cross-Over.
Theres a few people on the forums who has done this.

Also, if that doesn't work, this guy here supposedly got 1.0.5 to work on mac. Download at your own risk however.
He even linked his own video.
Heres the topic below: