Green charactor, out of memory, lag, please help me

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I got 4gb ram, win 7

Problem 1: When I try to make 1 character disappear, I saw the whole body of this character got the green color. <= what happen? my laptop doesn't have enough ram? or my win 7 doesn't have enough condition to run mine imator?

Problem 2: When I try to add more sound effect for my animation, I got the sign: "fatal memory error - out of memory".  <= what happen? my laptop doesn't have enough ram? or my win 7 doesn't have enough condition to run mine imator?

Problem 3: Some time when I replay my animation on mine imator program, I got lag. <= what happen? my laptop doesn't have enough ram? or my win 7 doesn't have enough condition to run mine imator? 

If I upgrade my ram to 8gb, and I still use win 7, can I fix my 3 problems thoroughly? Sorry for my bad english, please help me.

Edited by mineimator

2 hours ago, Keep on Chucking said:

Hello mineimator, what version of mineimator are you using?

It might be fixable by downloading the 1.0.5 version on the mineimator page.

if not, you might have to get more ram.

Hello Keep on Chucking, thanks for your help. I'm using mineimator 1.0.4. Are you sure about getting more ram? I will try 1.0.5, I think I will copy my project, then I will open the copy with 1.0.5, but I don't know is it safe? after I open the copy with 1.0.5, can I open the original with 1.0.4?

Edited by mineimator

16 minutes ago, Keep on Chucking said:

you should be able to open files just fine, if not, there might be something wrong with the files, but anyhow, mineimator has backwards compatibility, meaning, you can open files from the older versions in the newer versions

Thank you so much, but are you sure about upgrade ram? How about cpu, video card, or win7?

Oh hell no, I upgraded ram to 12gb, I use 1.0.4 and the character still green, I still can not add more music and sound effect for my animation, I still got message: "fatal memory error, out of memory". I just got no lag when replay my animation :(. And with 1.0.5, I can add more music and sound but the speed of adding still slow, the character still green :(. David, please fix it :(, or can you help me how to solve all my problem thoroughly :(

It could be the older version, an faulty download or the computer itself.

It could be that you're rendering the scene (Shadows, HD, etc) It get's really laggy. Trying to move something while in rendering mode can cause graphical glitches and shortage on memory. Try disabling the render mode if you have it on. Don't worry if the quality drops down, when you convert to .avi the video will automatically be rendered.

Also try to use 1.0.5. It's more stable.

17 hours ago, mineimator said:

Oh hell no, I upgraded ram to 12gb, I use 1.0.4 and the character still green, I still can not add more music and sound effect for my animation, I still got message: "fatal memory error, out of memory". I just got no lag when replay my animation :(. And with 1.0.5, I can add more music and sound but the speed of adding still slow, the character still green :(. David, please fix it :(, or can you help me how to solve all my problem thoroughly :(

If 1.0.5 doesn't work, it might be time to reinstall windows, a windows install always comes with some kind of problem, it's never 'perfect'. If you decide to reinstall, make sure to backup any data you need as they will be lost (incase of a complete format, been so long since i reinstalled, but it wiped my C:/ drive).

3 hours ago, Decepticon said:

If 1.0.5 doesn't work, it might be time to reinstall windows, a windows install always comes with some kind of problem, it's never 'perfect'. If you decide to reinstall, make sure to backup any data you need as they will be lost (incase of a complete format, been so long since i reinstalled, but it wiped my C:/ drive).

Thank you so much.