Can't Start Mine Imator 1.0 because of Direct X

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi all, I would really like to use the newest Mine-imator but once downloaded it comes up with this error whenever I open it.

Some shaders failed to compile. Make sure your direct x is up to date. 

I am running Windows 10 on a laptop with Direct X 12 currently installed.

How would I solve this situation?

8 answers to this question

But I can run the dxdiag.exe which tells me I have Direct X 12 installed. So why isn't it running? Are you saying this software won't run on a laptop anyway? 

The software does run on laptops. Of course. because if it didn't that would be silly. Try contacting David himself for better support.

Hi all, I would really like to use the newest Mine-imator but once downloaded it comes up with this error whenever I open it.

Some shaders failed to compile. Make sure your direct x is up to date. 

I am running Windows 10 on a laptop with Direct X 12 currently installed.

How would I solve this situation?

There are currently some helper downloads that you need to download along with Mine-imator 1.0.0. This Forum has a page that tells you that you need an extra download to run Mine-imator. Did you download that?  :| 

There are currently some helper downloads that you need to download along with Mine-imator 1.0.0. This Forum has a page that tells you that you need an extra download to run Mine-imator. Did you download that?  :| 

Which takes you to the Win10 download page.

I have the same problem. Which tells me MI is either not supported by DX12, or DX12 isnt doing anything helpful.

---

Actually there is a download link here. Apparently I was missing the runtime environment.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-doesnt-work-for-dirextx-12-windows-10.37127/#post-167881

Which takes you to the Win10 download page.

I have the same problem. Which tells me MI is either not supported by DX12, or DX12 isnt doing anything helpful.

---

Actually there is a download link here. Apparently I was missing the runtime environment.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-doesnt-work-for-dirextx-12-windows-10.37127/#post-167881

Wat.

I could've sworn...

Wat.  D: 

(I remember downloading something completely different...)