Couple questions+suggestions and potential bug

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi i've downloaded this recently and i have been having fun, it's a pretty simple program compared to other animators but thats why I like it. Anyway, I would like to know:

1) When will we able to drop sounds on the time? It would be useful to be able to sync wav and mp3 files with the keyframes and save us TON of time.

2) How do I select multiple characters at the same time? Sometimes for example I want to move a lot of characters to a distance really high in the sky, and I have to do it manually with each character, it's a waste of time.

3) How do I copy-paste keyframes from a character into another character? This is perfect to do for example, a choreography of a dance with a lot of different characters doing exactly the same moves.

4) How do I import texturepacks and I do use multiple texture packs at once? For example, I like a lot of the textures from the default minecraft, and I want to use them, plus a lot of new custom ones when I get ideas that can't be fulfilled with the default texturepack. For example a part of the animation may happen in a medieval setting so default textures are useful, but part of the animation happens in contemporary times so I need modern looking textures. So basically I need to use both texturepacks.

5) (Bug?) When I maximize the windows it gets a bit cut at the bottom where it says 100% and shows the time of the animation, it doesn't snap exactly within the windows bar (im using windows 7 btw). My resolution is 1680x1050. How to fix?

6) (Suggestion) Will we be able to select textures by clicking on the faces of the surfaces and setting any textures we want like on a level editor? And also, could this whole thing be implemented sort of "in-game" so we can modify the scenareo (add/remove blocks) directly in mine imator so we don't lose traction of what we are doing in between switching from minecraft to the animator again in case we want to modify the scenareo?

7) (Weird) When I launched the program Comodo Firewall blocked it when it tried to connect to the internet and or change some internet related configuration and also tried to do something with svchost.exe. Im asuming this program is safe so what does the program need to connect to the internet for in any case?

Edited by moniker

5 answers to this question

Hi! Welcome to the forums! For any suggestions you may have, look at this topic, as it's a round up of everything publicly released about the development of the program!

Now to answer your questions one by one:

1: Sounds have been planned, but not confirmed for the next update (Mine-Imator 1.0.0, and Davimator)

2: To select multiple characters, hold the shift button!

3: Unfortunately, you can't move keyframes from one object to another. However, you can duplicate the object and change it's texture under the texture tab.

4: Texture packs have to be manually turned into a texture sheet to be used in Mine-Imator. The layout is in your Mine-Imator folder under Other -> textures. Item sheets, however, don't have to be manipulated in any way. There is no confirmed easier way to do this.

5: I'm not sure what you mean, but if you supply images people may be able to help.

6: The idea of different textures on different surfaces is already confirmed. And as for manually editing a schematic, it has been suggested, but the method of doing so is not confirmed.

7: That's not the program's fault, rather Comodo Firewall THINKS it's a virus of some sort. However, I can assure you that as long as you download Mine-imator from here or here, it is virus free. Just bypass the block. The reason the program needs to connect to the internet is because that's how it fetches skins from players. It doesn't need to connect to the internet if you just download skins, so don't worry.

Hi, thanks for replies

2. Is not working. Where do I click at? if I press shift and I click on a character and while pressing shift i press on other character it just changes to that last clicked character. I have tried this in the library, instances and timeline and it never gets more than one at once selected.

4. Is there any tutorial in how to do this? i have seen older posts mentioning you could import a .zip but theres no way to do that.

5. mineanimator.png

Here you can see the window not maximized, then maximized, notice 25% and 0:00:000 get cut off by windows bar. For now im adjusting manually but its pretty annoying.

I forgot to ask:

8. Is there a way that, when you for example have scenary, and you have a door and you delete it in mcedit to animate it, then open it again replacing the existing scheme and the x,y,z is not reset and stays the same? because right now is not replacing the scheme, its also reseting the cohordinates and i have to re-adjust it everytime i make a small change on the scheme file.

Anyway Its good to see development is planed for the project and its not a dead project. Is this open source? maybe if it was it would go way faster. Its nice to have a way to animate in simple ways and it looks like the real game unlike blender etc.

Dont wanna turn this into suggestion thread but it would be nice to eventually get like some sort of MP collaboration coop sort of thing where you can animate with a couple friends.

Edited by moniker

2: Well, you don't just CLICK shift, you have to press it and hold while you select everything you want. When you're done, you can let go of shift.

4: The current .zip importer doesn't seem to work too well for me, but it's located under resources.

5: If full screen doesn't seem to work too well in 0.7 I suggest DEMO 5

8: This all depends on if you keep the schematic the same size, I'm pretty sure.

And hey, it's okay if you turn this thread into JUST YOUR suggestions. If you have any more suggestions/questions I'm sure you can ask.

2. Yes, it's not working

5. For some reason I had Beta 0.6.2 installed, im gonna try 1.0 demo 5

8. The schematic is the same size, but the house seems to move back to 0,0,0 everytime I import it back. The thing is I moved it to say 10,0,0 and I did all the character animations there, so I need it to stay there. When I import it after a modification usually small like removing blocks because I want an explosion in a wall or removing a door because i want a door that moves.. etc it goes back to 0,0,0

Another suggestion I have is making the characters and items clickable on camera so you don't have to search them on the lists or on the timeline.

Hi I just got the 1.0.0 and its now working with the maximized window.

I want to ask how to set the camera view in fullscreen by default like in the old version. I don't really need to see the actual camera, then a small screen of what the camera sees, I want to be on the camera POV all the time. How to set it like this?

I also cant find a shortcut in case I want to switch from camera mode to edit mode

Also, where is "animate like it's walking" checkbox so it automatically animates the walking thing?

Will there be automatic presets to walk, run, jump etc the basic stuff for the ones like us that are too lazy to do everything? I don't have the time to automate realistic walking myself.

I also miss the option that would pop the selected entity into the screen so when you spawn a new one you don't need to drag it wherever you are looking at. Where is that located now?

Also ctrl z doesnt seem to work to undo keyframes.

Edit: Im also having problems with buttons, they are invisible, for some reason.

Edited by moniker

Thanks, I realized you can copy paste regularly with ctrl c + ctrl v but only if its on the same entity, you can copy paste frames onto other entities unfortunately.

Sadly I cannot continue my project. Without the auto walk and without undo and redo i keep screwing things up. I've continued my project in 0.7.0 but I really miss the nice lightning of the 1.0.0. I've tried importing the project from 0.7.0 to 1.0.0 and it loads but its a bit bugged. The walking animations are saved, but I need to delete the keyframes in the middle otherwise it makes the character go all the way down to the ground. It's a workaround but still very annoying. Lets hope the next update doesn't take too long so doing simple animations becomes enjoyable and not a chore. Again if you tweak a bit the auto walk, is just enough for regular walking, it works, so I hope it comes back.

It would be cool to understand what is exactly happening when you import a pre 1.0.0 sequence with auto walking to fix it properly, right now like I said before i make it work more or less by deleting the frames in the middle (not the ones that are for each bodypart individually but the frames of the entire entity that get exported from the previous version). Maybe a patch could be made to properly import and export autowalks from the old version but unfortunately i doubt this can be made due the program being closed source.