Mine-imator Suggestion: Bump, Specular and Parallax Occlusion Mapping

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Yep. I know it would be hard to do, but an option in the render settings to enable Bump, Specular and Parallax Mapping.

Bump Mapping: A technique in computer graphics for simulating bumps and wrinkles on the surface of an object. This is achieved by perturbing the surface normals of the object and using the perturbed normal during lighting calculations. The result is an apparently bumpy surface rather than a smooth surface although the surface of the underlying object is not actually changed. (wiki)

Specular Mapping: The visual appearance of specularity on objects creating a glossy, wet effect on the object's surface. (Could be used in an "after-rain" effect)

Parallax Occlusion Mapping: Parallax Occlusion Mapping is used for procedurally create 3D surfaces from objects, using a set of different textures. Allows 3D artists to add more depth to their textures when rendered.

Users must create their own textures (as used in Sonic Ether's Shaders) to accomplish Bump and Specular mapping.

Just an idea, I know it will be hard to do.