Ribbon/Trophy suggestion

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So i was thinking what if we hold a weekly walllpaper contest or a monthly Animation contest with different genres and the then forumers can vote then the winner get's a ribbon or a trophy displayed on their profile page "like the likes"

The pros are

*It would be fun

*Forumers might get the interest in animating more often

*More excitement in le forums

The cons are

*Flame wars might start

*Not much online users to vote

*Others can't export so it's kinda unfair

Good idea, but well, y'know, we have the forums who are sore losers (like yours truly) and they'll get mad if they don't win. So, in order to try and prevent that, make the prizes (if any) small.

After a full 1.0.0 I wouldn't mind organizing when possible a community challenge every fortnight or something for things like wallpapers or something. Winners could get topics/posts featured in a pinned topic showing winners etc. - Just a rough idea

Whether for it to be implemented as a showcase on a profile, probably not possible and also time consuming for David.

And to make sure there is less whine only "trusted" members could vote for a wallpaper, so noone votes because he likes that member

Anon votes, there'd be a flame and debate on what's defined as trusted :L

I see with the pros and cons that this is a very good idea.

Good idea, but well, y'know, we have the forums who are sore losers (like yours truly) and they'll get mad if they don't win. So, in order to try and prevent that, make the prizes (if any) small.

^