Jump back to inspection camera

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was fiddling around with Blender a bit today, and I started thinking about how one can render a scene to test how it will look by pressing F12. It then detects the active camera and renders from that viewpoint. That got me thinking...

Currently, when you're animating and you play your animation to test out how it looks, or even if you simply scrub the timeline, if you've got a camera instance set up, your viewpoint jumps directly there. There are two changes which I am suggesting. The first: not having the viewpoint change when scrubbing or clicking on the timeline, regardless of a camera instance existing. The second: keep the jumping of viewpoints when playing the animation, so you can see how it will look when completed, but save the viewpoint position first, so that the camera can jump back there when the animation finishes playing.

tl;dr: Regardless of the camera being set up, one's viewpoint does not change at automatically all unless you're playing the animation. Even so, it jumps back to where it originally was when they pressed the play button.