Costumes (Custom Items/Skins/Rigs) - Taking Requests and stuff

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, I had this idea. What if... we combine custom items AND rigs? 

People have probably already done this. 

Anyway, a "costume" is pretty much a bunch of custom items jumbled onto a character in a fashion representing... something. A costume is (hopefully) fully customizable (apparently that's not a word) from WITHIN the Mine-imator software, instead of having to insert things repeatedly. You can customize the costume by resizing the parts, or hiding some and un-hiding others. 

Here's an example.

pb19oj7.png

This is a costume I made based of the game "Brink" by Bethesda Studios. (Is it "studios"? I don't know.) Many people disliked this game, but personally I think the concept, art, and music were kicka$$. Excuse my language. 

Another example.

meOvGsL.png

And another one.

WzTTD7E.png

Fourth one, just for kicks.

4XOerMw.png

As you can see from the examples, the "Costume" includes several ways to change the appearance of the character OUTSIDE of the skin. My Brink Costume includes... 4 different collapsible hoods, 4 masks/bandanas, 183 guns to place on the back/hands, and hair. (Though I found the hair a bit hard to see. It's, ah... it's there.) Everything on this costume was made by me (with the exception of the weapons, but as I get better at weapons I might include some of my own).

I might release this costume if I get enough requests, enough being... ah... 3. 

So right now, this thread is basically a request topic IF you want something like this. I can also customize your player skin to fit whatever costume, if you want.

I'm not sure if this goes in "Textures and Skins" or "Rigs" since it's a bit of both. Feel free to move this topic if deemed necessary.

FINISHED REQUESTS:

wolfile: 

LordSpiral: 

I do spend a lot of time on these and try to get quality work out. I'll have a maximum of 3 requests I'll be working on at a time just so I don't overload and die, but feel free to post your skin and request below. If the list is currently full, post it anyway. I promise I will get to it.

CURRENT REQUESTS IN PROGRESS:

- Upgrading supersonik17's rage effect

- "Pimping out" davidragge's character

- Better Pyro Mask/Armor/Weapons for Them Bones

The list is: FULL

That's all for now, buuuyyyiii.

-Stevepocalyptic

Edited by Stevepocalyptic

hey I got an idea that may be fun for you. Steve could you see if you can give my rage a bit more powered up and destructive?

Yeah, I'll work on it. What I might do is add some destroyed buildings and speared Steves to simulate total destruction.

Added this to the project list.

Could you do mine IDK how to post a picture but my ign: ArmDude

So, while I do normally do a lot of the things in the pack solo, the initial idea process DOES require at least a SMIDGEN of input from the person making a request. So, make a list of the things you want and find some way to post your skin.

Until then, I'm going to have to (temporarily) decline your request.

Hey, so... I don't know if you have space right now for any projects, but I was wondering if you could

Improve the shading on this skin

jf8x4nA.png

Also - I'd like a 3D gas mask, maybe 3D armor, and one or two swords. Oh, yeah - and a collapsible ice pick, like this one.

Ice%20Axe.jpeg

It's odd, I know, but I saw it in The Walking Dead game and thought, "Man, wouldn't it be badass to flail one of those things around?" Yeah, it's now my weapon of choice for the zombie apocalypse. And maybe Steve...pocalypse. I mean, if you can. 

Also - I'd prefer the pick to be a bright-ish yellow (like my character's armor) but you don't have to.

You don't have to work on this right away, but I'd like it soon.

kthnxbai

Added Them Bone's request to the list. 

As of Tuesday, March 12, THE LIST IS NOW FULL.

Once I finish these projects, spots will open up one by one. I will serve people in order of post, so get your requests in now.