png-files as scenery

Pauli90
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

7 answers to this question

Export the urm? What do you mean?

I've already added a wooden wall as schematic file, then used my PNG as texture. This doesn't work.

Also, I have modified the "skin" of a minecart, but this isn't satisfying. Especially as the minecart is like 16x20 and my PNG is somewhat 1000x1000.

Export the urm? What do you mean?

I've already added a wooden wall as schematic file, then used my PNG as texture. This doesn't work.

Also, I have modified the "skin" of a minecart, but this isn't satisfying. Especially as the minecart is like 16x20 and my PNG is somewhat 1000x1000.

The only way I see for your painting to happen is to put in bit by bit.

If you were going to use item.png-s then I'd say past a part of your PNG into the 256x256 and add items for each part. It could be tedious though.

Another way is to take the biggest flat body part of the existing mobs, and place your .PNG onto its body and just put multiple of them, it could also be tedious, however it could take less time than the item way.

Hm, using big flat body parts of mobs, that's an idea. Enderdragons are big...

Thanks a lot! :)

They are, unfortunately, Enderdragons are not in 0.7 demo yet. However I would say use an Iron Golemn, unless there's something bigger :)

Ghasts are bigger, but it doesn't matter as it seems...

I've found out that, using Paint for modifying PNGs, you can enlarge a skin without affecting its functionality. This way, you can make it fit to the size of your actual painting.

Long story short: it works with everything a skin is available for, e.g. a ghast or a minecart as they have a usefull shape for a painting (I'd have liked to upload a screenshot here, but obviously it doesn't work...).

Thanks a lot! :D

Ghasts are bigger, but it doesn't matter as it seems...

I've found out that, using Paint for modifying PNGs, you can enlarge a skin without affecting its functionality. This way, you can make it fit to the size of your actual painting.

Long story short: it works with everything a skin is available for, e.g. a ghast or a minecart as they have a usefull shape for a painting (I'd have liked to upload a screenshot here, but obviously it doesn't work...).

Thanks a lot! :D

Oh there we go. Glad to help :)