Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I remember trying mine-imator a while back and recently wanted to try it again. I never finished a animation and got as far as making a 3-4 sec walk. Since I want to try again and make real animations using this, theres a few questions I want to ask first.(there may have been something in a update that made what I'm saying simpler but I don't know)

1) How far should Steve's limbs move while he walks? I distinctly remember fiddling around with the arms and legs trying to figure out how to make them look like they were moving like they would in minecraft. This means making them go the right degrees back and forth at the right times. So, how far would a step take him in what amount of time. (I basically what to know how to correctly animate him walking like he would in minecraft.)

2) how far would a step (going from not walking-> legs and arms up fully -> legs and arms down) be? How far would he have to move to make it look realistic to minecraft? And how would I do that in mine-imator?

3)Mew.

Thats about it. hope someone can help.

Edited by jackthepwn

1 answer to this question

There's a default animation for walking, you can use that as a base. Here's how to do it:

1. Add your character (it doesn't have to be a normal Minecraft guy, you can do this with other mobs too)
  2. Create a keyframe.
  3. Some frames ahead, your choice how many, create another. Move the character from the default spot to another.
  4. Right click on the first keyframe and there should be an option to 'Create walking animation to next frame'.
  5. Enjoy the default walking.

Not many people like to use, and create custom walks, as then it is more customizable to create smoother walks or runs even. If it's still difficult to do it, I can create a step by step picture tutorial.