Torch and particles problem

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hello.

I just started working on a new project. I want to use torch. To make torch light up space, I added a light. Now I added low fire particles and it looks ok in normal mode. But when I hit f5  (high render mode), the particles are like solid objects and have shadows?

Zajeta_slika_2.png So in normal mode: light and particle

Zajeta_slika.png In high render mode: Shadows behind the particles?

6 answers to this question

Hello, it's GaelanWA.

If the particles are casting shadows, then there are two solutions, and they should be simple.

Step 1:

The Point Light is illuminating the particles, and therefore casting a shadow on them. So you could do two things:

1. Reposition the Point Light or the Particles.
  2. Disable the ability of the particles to cast shadows.

To do method number two, read step two.

Step 2:

Since the particles are casting shadows (And I tried, but couldn't get the shadows to pull up on my screen. Sorry about that.), we want to disable their ability to cast shadows. Doing this is simple. You just click on the particle box, then there should be a window that says "Particle creator properties", as shown below:y3mkVAnpMUiFoo267l0GiWN-F0XeXlawDrLPHHoK

Then, click on the checkbox that says, "Cast shadows". This should fix your problem. If it doesn't, then it might be a shadow of something else, like the torch itself.

y3m57k_a6JkJp3jLgkBEtix6ipT2jiJjPep-X0Y2

I hope this fixed your problem! And whatever you're working on looks pretty cool by the way.

24 minutes ago, GaelanWA said:

Hello, it's GaelanWA.

If the particles are casting shadows, then there are two solutions, and they should be simple.

Step 1:

The Point Light is illuminating the particles, and therefore casting a shadow on them. So you could do two things:

1. Reposition the Point Light or the Particles.
  2. Disable the ability of the particles to cast shadows.

To do method number two, read step two.

Step 2:

Since the particles are casting shadows (And I tried, but couldn't get the shadows to pull up on my screen. Sorry about that.), we want to disable their ability to cast shadows. Doing this is simple. You just click on the particle box, then there should be a window that says "Particle creator properties", as shown below:y3mkVAnpMUiFoo267l0GiWN-F0XeXlawDrLPHHoK

Then, click on the checkbox that says, "Cast shadows". This should fix your problem. If it doesn't, then it might be a shadow of something else, like the torch itself.

y3m57k_a6JkJp3jLgkBEtix6ipT2jiJjPep-X0Y2

I hope this fixed your problem! And whatever you're working on looks pretty cool by the way.

Nice tutorial :+1: