Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I Recently factory reset my computer because a certain steam game broke it. I went on to my old computer that runs windows 8 and is far below the minimum requirements to run the new update, I installed it an opened it and everything seems to be working, I played around and went back to my new computer. I installed the program 3 times and updated my graphics drivers but I keep getting this message "Some shaders failed to compile Make sure your DirectX is up to date. Do you want to download it from Microsoft?" The it gives me two options, Yes and no. If I select yes I usually get an error message, but recently it has started to send me to the windows 10 download page. if i select no it asks me to get 1.0.1 and gives me yes and no again, yes opens into David's post and crashes with this error 

D3DXCompile failed - result

############################################################################################

selecting no does the same thing execpt no post.

i tried installing 1.0.1 but the installer does not let me click next, the version i am on i believe is 1.0.1.

please fix this soon.