Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So i was wondering, is David going to add a better bending of limbs? it would really increase the quality of my animations, but would be very complicated to do. I'm just asking, will he? if he does, when?

;) thx for reading ;)

Edited by Zackeryss

Somebody DID make a post about this a while back.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I wound up disagreeing for two reasons.

Biggest reason being that Game Maker, which is what Mine-imator is coded in, does not allow for the actual bending of vectors, and therefore cannot bend smoothly.  The current bending is not actually bending the shape, but rather the arm is made of two separate blocks.  I'm sure using a ton of little blocks, it could work, but it would likely be MASSIVELY CPU intensive, or at least too much for Game Maker to handle.

My second reason being that Minecraft is naturally blocky.  Sharp bending allows for better quality animations without disrupting the natural blockiness of Minecraft.

As I said in the last post I saw about this, be happy you have bending at all.

Edited by Noah T

Somebody DID make a post about this a while back.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I wound up disagreeing for two reasons.  Biggest reason being that Game Maker, which is what Mine-imator is coded in, does not allow for the actual bending of vectors, and therefore cannot bend smoothly.  The current bending is not actually bending the shape, but rather the arm is made of two separate blocks.  I'm sure using a ton of little blocks, it could work, but it would likely be MASSIVELY CPU intensive, or at least too much for Game Maker to handle.  My second reason being that Minecraft is naturally blocky.  Sharp bending allows for better quality animations without disrupting the natural blockiness of Minecraft.  As I said in the last post I saw about this, be happy you have bending at all.

I was prepared to write out almost this exact paragraph.

Somebody DID make a post about this a while back.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I wound up disagreeing for two reasons.

Biggest reason being that Game Maker, which is what Mine-imator is coded in, does not allow for the actual bending of vectors, and therefore cannot bend smoothly.  The current bending is not actually bending the shape, but rather the arm is made of two separate blocks.  I'm sure using a ton of little blocks, it could work, but it would likely be MASSIVELY CPU intensive, or at least too much for Game Maker to handle.

My second reason being that Minecraft is naturally blocky.  Sharp bending allows for better quality animations without disrupting the natural blockiness of Minecraft.

As I said in the last post I saw about this, be happy you have bending at all.

Completely agree.

See?  I even got the half-demon to agree!  That's how you know I'm right.  :)

Woah, you got him to agree! well, i do too, because of what you guys said makes sense, the more blocks you add the more lag adds on to.