Ideas for Mine-Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello there and after a bit of thinking I have kinda figured out a way that you can add explosions to Mine-Imator:

So when you put in a schematic it should load (or if it does) every single block first and then group it all together as one big piece. So when you press this (new button probably called like 'Explosion Effect') button and select the radius; for example: 2 block radius or 5 block radius it creates it's very own timeline *. In this timeline it should scan (maybe) the blocks around the selected radius and discover if it is a 'Grass Block' or a 'Dirt Block' and then it will show up with these default plotted timelines for each of the scanned block. it will also ungroup all the scanned block/s from the actual schematic so you can move one without moving the other. For example if you did a radius of 1 block then if everything in the 1 block radius was 'Grass Block' It will use the default plotted timeline for each 'Grass Block' there is. So you might end up with 10 plotted timelines with the animation of the 'Grass Block' being blown away. So when you play the animation it should have an effect or animation where you wanted the explosion to take place. The animation/effect could be the same one as in game. Also when you play the animation it will move the scanned blocks in the default way in the 'Explosion Timeline'. I know you might be reading this and going: What the f***? But hey, maybe someone might understand all my gibber-jabber. Who knows?

* = You can move around like this special block (like the light) around until you find the spot you want it in. Then you can choose how fast or how slow you want the explosion to be. Also the you can press this button and it will show you the 'Explosion Timeline' with all the default plotted timelines.

Don't understand? Don't worry I just hope that maybe David or something understands all this and maybe consider it. If not then I just wasted your time  :D

GamerMitch OUT!

Always check the Forum Announcements and the To-Do list:

• Particle system (for explosions, blood and block breaking effects)

Whether the system works like that, who knows. However that system is not viable at the present time because of the 172 timeline limitation, which will be gone eventually.

Oh and moved, wrong location, read the rules and 'Read before posting' sections in each sub forum.