Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi! I'm new here at the forum and, for now, I would be happy if you guys could check out my new short film "Animalia: Attack Attempt" made by me using Mine-Imator <3. It has English captions.

Synopsis:
  In a world where there was a civilization called "Civilização de Gandalf", Pingo, the primer-minister, needed to face constantly a rebel group which threatened the integrity of his civilization. Little did he know, what was waiting for him.

Interesting... I've seen this style some times, but still not so many times to be still fascinated by it, it's cool, maybe the shadows could have been better, but, all and all, it's great, looks like a comic, simple transitions cool, I like it! 

Thank youu for your comment :))
About the shadows, yeah, I had so much troubles with them!
It's the first Mine-imator project that I'm posting officially, so I learned and discovered a lot of things of the program.
Talking about the shadows again, I had troubles with sunlight range, that searching later, I discovered that the higher its value, the less the quality of the shadows...
The solution it's to make each scene in a separeted project, but this video was made like a "rush" and all the scenes were made at the same project. It turns out that I was previously overwhelmed by a project that was so much more ambitious and larger than this one, so I decided to make a more simple project one! Not to mention the fact that my channel was without a single post  for months and my community was waiting for me to post this project as well...

Well, the basic Info for shadows that you would get around here is, scale up the project times 8 and then use Spot or Point lights instead of the sun. I use that all the time. It's great advice!, but it will lag as heck...

On 5/26/2023 at 7:53 AM, PingoThi said:

Calm down man I don't even have a graphics card lol 😭😭😭
I'm using the igpu of a ryzen

Yeah, I could have guessed it, but even I am using a integrated GPU, and still, it works... basically I would do this process at the end, when all of your stuff is done so that you just render it, and its done, but it would be good to give it a try

Yeah, for sure, thanks for the advice :).
The next project that I'm doing I'm paying more attention on those details and not "rushing" it, since now the first project was already posted.
Talking about shadows, could you tell me WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE??? 😭😭
DERS0Pc.png

Edited by PingoThi

On 5/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, PingoThi said:

Yeah, for sure, thanks for the advice :).
The next project that I'm doing I'm paying more attention on those details and not "rushing" it, since now the first project was already posted.
Talking about shadows, could you tell me WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE??? 😭😭
DERS0Pc.png

You have the point light on the torch I guess? Is it placed in the map, because if yes, then remove it, and add one from the menu and make it to not cast shadows

On 5/26/2023 at 3:26 AM, Fox Miner said:

You have the point light on the torch I guess? Is it placed in the map, because if yes, then remove it, and add one from the menu and make it to not cast shadows

Exactly, I'm using a point light on the torch.
qEN69Se.png

So, if I got it, I followed those steps:
1 - I removed the old point light
2 - I add a new one, at the same place
3 - I went for the "Graphics" tab on Point Light properties and just found the box "Render shadows". Disabling this box works, but, obviously it disables all the shadows from that point light, but fixes that "boxied" shadow.
4 - After, I marked again the "Render shadows" box of the point light and went for the properties of the scenario and disabled the "Cast Shadows". It worked too, but all the shadows of the scenario went away.

It's strange because, this glitch happens only from a point on the map, and it is always the same point.
I already tried moving into another project and importing the scenario again; changing the sunlight range; changing the spot light buffer size...
And other shadows before that "point" on the map works fine :(
6Cd2uGj.png
Thank you for your help

On 5/26/2023 at 8:42 AM, PingoThi said:

Exactly, I'm using a point light on the torch.
qEN69Se.png

So, if I got it, I followed those steps:
1 - I removed the old point light
2 - I add a new one, at the same place
3 - I went for the "Graphics" tab on Point Light properties and just found the box "Render shadows". Disabling this box works, but, obviously it disables all the shadows from that point light, but fixes that "boxied" shadow.
4 - After, I marked again the "Render shadows" box of the point light and went for the properties of the scenario and disabled the "Cast Shadows". It worked too, but all the shadows of the scenario went away.

It's strange because, this glitch happens only from a point on the map, and it is always the same point.
I already tried moving into another project and importing the scenario again; changing the sunlight range; changing the spot light buffer size...
And other shadows before that "point" on the map works fine :(
6Cd2uGj.png
Thank you for your help

Sorry my mistake, I meant the torch, you go into the Minecraft Map, destroy it, save and go back and reload the map in Mine-imator and then add a torch in Mine-imator with "Cast Shadows" Off, thats what I meant, sorry

Edited by Fox Miner

On 5/26/2023 at 4:02 AM, Fox Miner said:

Sorry my mistake, I meant the torch, you go into the Minecraft Map, destroy it, save and go back and reload the map in Mine-imator and then add a torch in Mine-imator with "Cast Shadows" Off, thats what I meant, sorry

Hii. It was getting late and I needed to go to sleep.
I tried your hints and it still didn't work 🥲.
Even before adding the torch in the new scenario, the point light already starts to have this "invisible box" under it that not cast shadows than suddenly it starts to cast.
I managed to record the exact point on the map where the glitch starts on this video:

And with the torch:

On 5/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, PingoThi said:

Hii. It was getting late and I needed to go to sleep.
I tried your hints and it still didn't work 🥲.
Even before adding the torch in the new scenario, the point light already starts to have this "invisible box" under it that not cast shadows than suddenly it starts to cast.
I managed to record the exact point on the map where the glitch starts on this video:

And with the torch:

What in the... Well that's broken... I've never seen that in my life, can't tell how to help because I never had this problem, what the... 

Damn... 

On 5/27/2023 at 12:22 PM, Fox Miner said:

What in the... Well that's broken... I've never seen that in my life, can't tell how to help because I never had this problem, what the... 

Damn... 

yeah lol 😭😭😭
I think the only resting alternative for now is reinstalling the program. I will do that when needed.
Once more, thanks for the help :)