Dev update #24: Moving on & 2.0 release date

On 2/20/2023 at 3:07 AM, Nimi said:

news_header.png.60c7a6a7d6fd8e57bd0d2c5b0b8e2953.png

Hello everyone, this will be my final dev update as we near 2.0's release.

Mine-imator 2.0's development has been one of many challenges since its first pre-release last May, but it's finally coming to a close. On March 1st, the full release for Mine-imator 2.0 alongside Modelbench 1.1.5 will be released here on the Mine-imator Forums. We've decided to do a limited release of the update due to unforeseen issues with specific hardware and the new rendering/ C++ engine, and won't be promoting the update on the website.

With the release of the much awaited 2.0 update, David and I will be leaving development of Mine-imator/Modelbench due to limited availability and wanting to pursue other projects. While active development will be over, patches may still come out if any critical/project-breaking bugs comes up but anything hardware or graphics related likely won't be fixed. The source code for Mine-imator and Modelbench will be updated accordingly on March 1st for any developers who want to mod the program and add their own features.

David and I would like to thank everyone who's used the program and donated to us over the years, and we hope you enjoy using the program as much as we've enjoyed making it. We've both learned a lot these past 10 years working on this project, and it's amazing to see how the users have pushed the program with their creations. I don't know what project I'll be doing next, but I'll probably take a break from programming and focus on other life things. It's been a stressful, but fun ride y'all. From the Mine-imator Community Build, to Modelbench, to Mine-imator 2.0.

/ Nimi

thank you for making the mineimator program for us! and good luck on your future life!

never give up, stay determined, and focus on your dreams and goals :) 

Massive thanks to both you and @david for making such an awesome program.

There's no denying Mine-imator has helped jumpstart so many people's careers with how accessible it is, whether they use it as a stepping stone to later move to Blender, or continue pushing its boundaries to create some real masterpieces. The influence Mine-imator has had on a whole generation of fans is incredible, and hopefully it'll continue for years to come!

Best of luck to you and David for wherever life takes you both, and keep being awesome! :D

😭

On 2/19/2023 at 9:07 PM, Nimi said:

news_header.png.60c7a6a7d6fd8e57bd0d2c5b0b8e2953.png

Hello everyone, this will be my final dev update as we near 2.0's release.

Mine-imator 2.0's development has been one of many challenges since its first pre-release last May, but it's finally coming to a close. On March 1st, the full release for Mine-imator 2.0 alongside Modelbench 1.1.5 will be released here on the Mine-imator Forums. We've decided to do a limited release of the update due to unforeseen issues with specific hardware and the new rendering/ C++ engine, and won't be promoting the update on the website.

With the release of the much awaited 2.0 update, David and I will be leaving development of Mine-imator/Modelbench due to limited availability and wanting to pursue other projects. While active development will be over, patches may still come out if any critical/project-breaking bugs comes up but anything hardware or graphics related likely won't be fixed. The source code for Mine-imator and Modelbench will be updated accordingly on March 1st for any developers who want to mod the program and add their own features.

David and I would like to thank everyone who's used the program and donated to us over the years, and we hope you enjoy using the program as much as we've enjoyed making it. We've both learned a lot these past 10 years working on this project, and it's amazing to see how the users have pushed the program with their creations. I don't know what project I'll be doing next, but I'll probably take a break from programming and focus on other life things. It's been a stressful, but fun ride y'all. From the Mine-imator Community Build, to Modelbench, to Mine-imator 2.0.

/ Nimi

I really feel that you two (Nimi and David) deserve a break. Mine-Imator has really grown a lot thanks to you guys. Likewise, I would like to thank the entire community that has used the program and has supported it with their donations and creations.

and what I will say next is my opinion, but I think they should have presented this program to Mojang, I know Mojang is aware that this program exists, but I think they have been ignoring it a bit, I don't know, I think Mojang could have supported this program as they are doing with BlockBench.
I believe that the development of this program would have been different.

Likewise, it is very admirable that you have come so far with this program, the community is truly grateful.
Good luck with your future plans.  :Cake:

This is the only simple Minecraft animation software I know of and it has started to let me make renders and animations. Thank you two for this amazing software that you gifted to us. The fact that Mine-Imator is free to use and even free to upgrade is just insane for the quality of the software.

Thank you for everything!
But one question...
I understand that you are Nimi and David, you are leaving development for your own reasons, it turns out that there will be no such updates? Did you have a team of 2 people? (I don't say anything bad)
In any case, thank you. I liked your program for many years (although I only used 2-3 years),
But this update is divine (not only in terms of graphics). I understand that you are most likely tired of everything and want to seriously relax and go about your business (in life or other projects).
Simply put, I want to say "THANK YOU" :_)

Ahh, I remember picking up MI back in 2013 after I saw an Antvenom video about it. (The vid) And I've been a part of this very fun community for almost 8 years now, I've got a lot of great memories from here and while I haven't been that active in recent years, I basically grew up here, I joined the forums when I was 11 lol. And it has also been very fun to watch all the skill and talent and the software itself improve over the years. I hope this program continues to bring new talent to light for the foreseeable future. And good luck for all your future endeavours.

❤️

I am very thankful to the developers of Mine-Imator for creating Minecraft-based animation program for us to use all the time, allowing me to practice making animations from the Minecraft game I love. Very much, it made me realize my dream of making Animation from Minecraft. The program allows me to go back to the old interface look because I feel familiar with the use of the older version of the window more than the new version. It feels more difficult and confusing. Sometimes the familiar tools disappear, some move to another unfamiliar place. I would like to have the option to change the interface window to the old style which is suitable for old users and new users who are not familiar with this program.   

LinearUnrulyDanishswedishfarmdog.webp

Good Luck Form Thailand Mine-Imator User !