Dev update #24: Moving on & 2.0 release date

Good luck with your life, guys
You guys changed my life after I found out about Mine-imator, If I didn't find out about this. I would be doing something else

All that I can say is: Thank you guys so much

On 2/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, Nimi said:

Hello everyone, thi my final dev update as we near 2.0's release.

Mine-imator 2.0's development has been one of many challenges since its first pre-release last May, but it's finally coming to a close. On March 1st, the full release for Mine-imator 2.0 alongside Modelbench 1.1.5 will be released here on the Mine-imator Forums. We've decided to do a limited release of the update due to unforeseen issues with specific hardware and the new rendering/ C++ engine, and won't be promoting the update on the website.

With the release of the much awaited 2.0 update, David and I will be leaving development of Mine-imator/Modelbench due to limited availability and wanting to pursue other projects. While active development will be over, patches may still come out if any critical/project-breaking bugs comes up but anything hardware or graphics related likely won't be fixed. The source code for Mine-imator and Modelbench will be updated accordingly on March 1st for any developers who want to mod the program and add their own features.

David and I would like to thank everyone who's used the program and donated to us over the years, and we hope you enjoy using the program as much as we've enjoyed making it. We've both learned a lot these past 10 years working on this project, and it's amazing to see how the users have pushed the program with their creations. I don't know what project I'll be doing next, but I'll probably take a break from programming and focus on other life things. It's been a stressful, but fun ride y'all. From the Mine-imator Community Build, to Modelbench, to Mine-imator 2.0.

/ Nim

I thanked you for your hard work.

We all thanked you. We all.

pmMFKNR.pngThank you very much to you Nimi for this wonderful project. I am very glad that you have released such a wonderful program. Honestly, thanks to you, I found my place. Before that, I tried myself in many ways on YouTube, but MI is what I was looking for. I couldn't even imagine that I would ever start doing animations on minecraft . I never thought that just some program would change my life for the better. I am insanely grateful to you because you work for us and do not even take money for such a huge project. Thank you again and I hope you will continue to make such wonderful projects. (If there are errors in the text, then I'm sorry, all this was translated through a translator)

Thanks for your diligent and outstanding efforts over the years, what you've been able to accomplish with GameMaker is nothing short of astounding. Been a pleasure taking this silly little software to the next level with you and best of luck! :thumbsup:

The effect that Mine-imator has had on people, ESPECIALLY children, is nothing short of remarkamble. Mine-imator has singlehandedly jumpstarted a generation of animators. May you have success in your future projects @Nimi@david, create only the absolute best programs!!

My hobby of 3D art and animation began several years ago, and I have Mine-imator to thank for that. Only thing I can think of atm is to say thank you to you and David for all of your guys' hard work over the last decade. You guys deserve your rest, and I can't wait to see what the both of you cook up next.

Thank you Dave and Nimi! You made one of my childhood dreams come true and helped me and many others explore our creativity. Thank you for all your hard work and I can't wait to see what comes next! (wait does mod support also mean that Mine-Imator will get a gamebanana page???)

Thank you, developers, you are well done. The program is just wonderful, and it has influenced me so much. I wonder how many people have found their hobby thanks to the mine-imator and how many more such people will be? I think there are a lot of them. I am one of them :) Well, thank you again, you are the best

Edited by Vlaylam

Well, someday people change their way, do something new, not?

You guys have spent a decade developing a free and easy to use minecraft animation software, but i will never call it that way, i will never call the work you dreamed for years and finally made true like that...

It is true that it is a free and easy to use minecraft animation software, but i prefer calling it a Masterpiece; your creation has changed thousands of people's lives!

It's like a tool to turn beginners into masters, and the learning animation progress is really fun!

The fact you're leaving the development of mine-imator made me sad, but i shouldn't be at all, I gotta be happy about you, guys!

Yeah, keep making dreams true, keep making masterpieces, enjoy life, @david and @Nimi, STAY DETERMINED!!!

Well, some things can't last forever.

I would like to say thank you for making such an amazing program that has a huge impact in the minecraft community.

I've been using Mine Imator for the past 5 years. Mine Imator have changed my life. I've met new people, acquired new skills from the community. I can't imagine how am i gonna survive the boredom of this 2 years pandemic. I've acquired skills that i didn't expect i can get, Animating, even though Mine Imator is just a minecraft animation software, it helps me learning the basics of Blender and other software even easier. 

Once again, I would like to say thank you. for making such an amazing masterpiece. The team deserves a reward.

@davidand @Nimi, Thank you, For your amazing creation, and your support towards the community.

P.S.  Sorry if my grammar isn't that good, i'm still learning english.

It's weird to read this post as this year will mark a decade since I've first touched mine-imator, and a lot has changed in that time with both me and this software. I'm happy that I came across Mine-imator, wouldn't have most of the friends I have now if it weren't for it's existence and It was a great outlet to express my creative mind when I wasn't even in double digits yet, now I'm turning 19 and studying for a degree in design. I thank you and David for your hard work and I'm glad you guys are going out with a bang. Wish you all the best and thank you for your work on Mine-Imator as it has left a (mostly) positive impact on my life, and I wish you both the best. :)

Edited by OfficialCUYT

On 2/20/2023 at 3:07 AM, Nimi said:

news_header.png.60c7a6a7d6fd8e57bd0d2c5b0b8e2953.png

Hello everyone, this will be my final dev update as we near 2.0's release.

Mine-imator 2.0's development has been one of many challenges since its first pre-release last May, but it's finally coming to a close. On March 1st, the full release for Mine-imator 2.0 alongside Modelbench 1.1.5 will be released here on the Mine-imator Forums. We've decided to do a limited release of the update due to unforeseen issues with specific hardware and the new rendering/ C++ engine, and won't be promoting the update on the website.

With the release of the much awaited 2.0 update, David and I will be leaving development of Mine-imator/Modelbench due to limited availability and wanting to pursue other projects. While active development will be over, patches may still come out if any critical/project-breaking bugs comes up but anything hardware or graphics related likely won't be fixed. The source code for Mine-imator and Modelbench will be updated accordingly on March 1st for any developers who want to mod the program and add their own features.

David and I would like to thank everyone who's used the program and donated to us over the years, and we hope you enjoy using the program as much as we've enjoyed making it. We've both learned a lot these past 10 years working on this project, and it's amazing to see how the users have pushed the program with their creations. I don't know what project I'll be doing next, but I'll probably take a break from programming and focus on other life things. It's been a stressful, but fun ride y'all. From the Mine-imator Community Build, to Modelbench, to Mine-imator 2.0.

/ Nimi

o7