Mine-imator 2.0 and Linux Issues

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Almost a week ago, I was trying to export a Mine-imator project that said it was going to take a little over two hours. So I waited. And waited. And waited. It didn't change at all and only got to 5%. So I retried the export. The same thing happens. I edit the video I tried to export hoping to take some pressure off the exporting system. The same thing happens again. I tried seeing if others are having the same issue and can't find much that is helpful. Mine-imator, Linux, or both start lagging and breaking my computer and I uninstall Mine-imator 2.0. At this point, when I try to open a project it said something like "not able to open the file" or "can't find it." I tried looking for my projects to delete them, wondering if they were the issue, but every time I look it up in my files, it lags my computer and "breaks" my file application (the downloads file does not show up after closing and re-opening the files application). So I don't try to find them anymore.

I tried to re-install Mine-imator again today, but it showed this when I right-clicked on the file named "Mine-imator 2.0 Pre-release 5.deb" to install it (like the first time and it worked then).

TS3KOKz.png

I don't know if I corrupted some kind of file or something, but the version before Mine-imator 2.0 still works to open. I feel very sad because I really liked this update and want to continue making animations with it. I hope there is a way to fix this! Thank you for reviewing this!

Edited by Firestar2477278
Forgot to say thank you :)

On 1/27/2023 at 8:51 AM, david said:

Make sure you run it in the folder of the .deb and replace the name if needed (remember Linux is case sensitive)

Wait-

Nooo, it's doing the same thing as before!

0aFq8px.png

No matter where I seem to put it, it doesn't work and keeps showing the same thing. When I click "OK" it loads a new project anyways though.