JOHN WICK in MINECRAFT ► Animation | Short film "Danya Wick" (Russian voice acting)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This was amazing. I have some questions

-how much time did it take to finish this?

-how much render time did it take?

-what kind of hardware do you use?

-how did you manage these smooth camera movements? im assuming you use a subtle camera effect a lot, but camera transitions movements look smooth too.

Im assuming you are using custom transitions from 2.0, as well as IK, I still don't know how to use these.

This would be Blender level if Mineimator didn't have problems rendering depth of field throught transparent alpha. A lot of scenes would look more cinematic with proper DOF. As of right now you get these glitches:

minedof.png

And also there's little control of DOF when you want to have an object being blurry really close to the camera. You have to compromise by removing the fadeoff effect, so you cannot have far dof since it looks weird. @Nimi would be it be posible to have this improved? im not sure if being clear. I can post some pics.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:34 PM, moniker said:

This was amazing. I have some questions

-how much time did it take to finish this?

-how much render time did it take?

-what kind of hardware do you use?

-how did you manage these smooth camera movements? im assuming you use a subtle camera effect a lot, but camera transitions movements look smooth too.

Im assuming you are using custom transitions from 2.0, as well as IK, I still don't know how to use these.

This would be Blender level if Mineimator didn't have problems rendering depth of field throught transparent alpha. A lot of scenes would look more cinematic with proper DOF. As of right now you get these glitches:

minedof.png

And also there's little control of DOF when you want to have an object being blurry really close to the camera. You have to compromise by removing the fadeoff effect, so you cannot have far dof since it looks weird. @Nimi would be it be posible to have this improved? im not sure if being clear. I can post some pics.

Hi, I've been doing this for a month and a half. It feels like I've been sitting from morning to night for 2 weeks without a break. Everything was rendered quickly enough, there was only 1 sample in the settings, an excerpt in the port (5:29-7:43) took an hour of rendering.  I have a gtx 1060 with 6 GB, i9 10900f, 24 GB of RAM. My camera is smooth because of the folders, I animate them, not the camera itself. It's the same with the characters, I have a special model where each part of the body has 4 folders. I didn't use the IK and custom translations. Regarding the bug with png pictures - yes, it's an annoying thing, I had to almost not use blur because of this

Wow, didn't know you were here too.
But I’m wondering if it’s such a rig that everything is divided by pixels (well, like when ... mm .... well, these here, pieces of flesh ....) or is it done in small cubes (well, I think it’s understandable). If this is still a rig, then if there is an opportunity to get it somewhere?

On 1/4/2023 at 10:14 PM, _BENDY659_ RU said:

Wow, didn't know you were here too.
But I’m wondering if it’s such a rig that everything is divided by pixels (well, like when ... mm .... well, these here, pieces of flesh ....) or is it done in small cubes (well, I think it’s understandable). If this is still a rig, then if there is an opportunity to get it somewhere?

I used cubes at a moment with a motorcyclist, where a car drove over his head. And the model of the parasite-meat from the "Scape and Run: Parasites" mod I put in the foot of the main villain. This model is private, so I can't share it, but it was perfect as a leg meat 

On 1/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, Vlaylam said:

Hi, I've been doing this for a month and a half. It feels like I've been sitting from morning to night for 2 weeks without a break. Everything was rendered quickly enough, there was only 1 sample in the settings, an excerpt in the port (5:29-7:43) took an hour of rendering.  I have a gtx 1060 with 6 GB, i9 10900f, 24 GB of RAM. My camera is smooth because of the folders, I animate them, not the camera itself. It's the same with the characters, I have a special model where each part of the body has 4 folders. I didn't use the IK and custom translations. Regarding the bug with png pictures - yes, it's an annoying thing, I had to almost not use blur because of this

How many folders do you use for the Camera movements?

Do you also use folders for the car movements? like when drifting and so on. Do you have any example project willing to share to see how you manage folders? To me is one of these things where this program becomes annoying to use, I really need to learn the new camera transition stuff and the path movement option and see if it's more decent like that. Animating with folders was always annoying to me.

Edited by moniker

On 1/6/2023 at 8:17 PM, moniker said:

How many folders do you use for the Camera movements?

Do you also use folders for the car movements? like when drifting and so on. Do you have any example project willing to share to see how you manage folders? To me is one of these things where this program becomes annoying to use, I really need to learn the new camera transition stuff and the path movement option and see if it's more decent like that. Animating with folders was always annoying to me.

I have 20+ folders there, both at the camera and at the cars, you won't figure it out, it's just difficult there. it's a matter of technique, just train first on 2 folders, then add more and more

On 1/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, Vlaylam said:

I have 20+ folders there, both at the camera and at the cars, you won't figure it out, it's just difficult there. it's a matter of technique, just train first on 2 folders, then add more and more

I don't understand the workflow of adding folders as you need them. Right now im animating a character, and I added an aditional folder but this folder is set to 0.0.0 which is far from the current location of the actual character.

The only good use I make of folders is to have additional control on the Y axis, since I just manually add the Y value in there, but the rest of the axis, I don't understand how to use them.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:46 AM, moniker said:

I don't understand the workflow of adding folders as you need them. Right now im animating a character, and I added an aditional folder but this folder is set to 0.0.0 which is far from the current location of the actual character.

The only good use I make of folders is to have additional control on the Y axis, since I just manually add the Y value in there, but the rest of the axis, I don't understand how to use them.

I do not know how to explain the work of folders, but so be it, I will send you a project with folders. There are drift car and nothing else: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aXFmduTkoPp0ma415fx7s9p_l29tJVl_?usp=sharing