Program performance

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hello. I wrote through a translator, but I think you will understand the essence.

Today's question concerns the amount of allocated RAM for Mine-Imator. Is it possible to allocate the maximum amount of RAM to improve performance and increase rendering speed? It seems as if the program code has a limit of up to 2 GB of RAM and I would like to increase it with my 16 GB of RAM. If such a feature is added in the Rendering section, it would be very convenient for all users of the program, both with weak components and with powerful ones. Thank you in advance for the answer.

6 answers to this question

On 12/17/2022 at 9:05 AM, Spider Password said:

Hello. I wrote through a translator, but I think you will understand the essence.

Today's question concerns the amount of allocated RAM for Mine-Imator. Is it possible to allocate the maximum amount of RAM to improve performance and increase rendering speed? It seems as if the program code has a limit of up to 2 GB of RAM and I would like to increase it with my 16 GB of RAM. If such a feature is added in the Rendering section, it would be very convenient for all users of the program, both with weak components and with powerful ones. Thank you in advance for the answer.

Is there any way to increase the memory?

On 12/17/2022 at 3:06 PM, _BENDY659_ RU said:

I just hear for the first time that there is something with memory in the code

This is in any way a limitation that is written in the program code. It is not known for what reasons, the developers do not share information as you can see. Waiting for an answer

As of the 2.0 pre-releases, Mine-imator supports x64 giving uncapped memory use to the program. Worth noting though that more RAM you use doesn't mean better performance, it just means you can load more into the project. Rendering performance comes down your GPU and overall program performance relies on your CPU.