How to make particles don't react to movement?

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

For instance, you want to make a scene with someone smoking inside a plane. The plane is moving fast, so you see mountains and stuff moving outside of the windows, but the problem is the smoke of the cigarrette moves really fast too. This makes no sense since in real life it would move relative to the speed the person inside the plane is moving at, which is 0 since he is just sitting inside a plane smoking. So it looks kind of ridiculous the dude there sitting inside the plane, and the smoke moving at really fast horizontal speed. I've tried to find some way to do this but I don't see how. Probably a feature that's lacking and should be added next.

6 answers to this question

David and I are no longer adding new features or functionality to Mine-imator. (Unless required for bugfixes.) 2.0 Pre-release 6 will be the last pre-release to have new functionality/features. (Which are now all finalized and being testing now.) We have a deadline set for when we want to fully release the 2.0 update as our availability is going to plummet soon, and adding new features/functionality will only push it out further.

Instead of moving the plane, just move the environment outside the plane. This would create the illusion that the plane is moving even though it technically isn't. If the clouds are visible, I would also recommend adjusting their movement as well.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:09 PM, TwoToRule said:

Instead of moving the plane, just move the environment outside the plane. This would create the illusion that the plane is moving even though it technically isn't. If the clouds are visible, I would also recommend adjusting their movement as well.

Yeah but this is an insane workaround for something that just should be a feature.