Dev update #23: 10th year anniversary and... IK?!

Awesome Update! Hopefully IK will help me simulate actual gravity in our animation lol. And reflections will open up alot in terms of graphics.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:29 AM, Nimi said:

2.0 will be the last major update david and I will have involvement in, pre-release 5 will mostly reflect the full release aside from having bugs. We don't plan on overhauling particles with physics or adding better texture/audio options, though I'm currently looking into alpha hashing(gives noisy results with low samples, but improves most transparency issues) before the full release to fix some current major issues with rendering.

.obj importing won't be in 2.0.

I use a video editor to import sound into projects but i know some people will still be upset at this. Its nice you wanted to finish all this before retirement though lol. Thank you

On 8/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, Nimi said:

cake.png.5f9ab5f902c27ae80ff3a4a9c97d7620.png

Hello everyone!

Today marks the 10th anniversary of Mine-imator, and with the second phase of 2.0 just around the corner in September with Pre-release 5, I've revealed 7 of the biggest features coming on our Twitter page. But just in case you haven't seen them, I'll show them below. ;) These features have been in development since 1.2.6 was released and were originally going to be in Pre-release 1 but we decided to release the new engine and importer by itself first to get it stable in the first pre-releases. Now without further ado, the true potential of 2.0...

A full view of 2.0's new interface system, Inventory

image.thumb.png.443ade4b038c061fcc327ea997af612d.png

Custom render settings in projects

image.thumb.png.f928b46a58955db8ce317a7ff6dfc25e.png

Bezier curves/custom transitions

image.png.a29f1b600846442b3f2c627bc2dc9f89.png

Paths (cool rollercoaster video)

paths.gif.304855036d0c4152b72cb3e9057e93e7.gif

Anti-aliasing improvements

image.thumb.png.6e8fd44c7c704017673193848d636ce2.png

Materials and reflections (+ PBR resource pack support) (video)

image.thumb.png.0438987e61638fb3d282e1b6deb58115.png

Inverse Kinematics

884935890_inversekinematics.gif.fd5220ffb321551fd7e3b1f0d7adf993.gif

As you can see, with 2.0 being the last major update David and I have involvement in, I wanted to go out with a bang and cover as many bases as possible. We're still grinding out the last serious bugs before Pre-release 5 comes out (...with more bugs 🐛), so I hope you're looking forward it, there's a lot to mess around with! However (since not many people are aware), volumetric fog/light rays will not be coming to Mine-imator, you can read more about that here. Now despite that, before I go, I want to say thank you for the support I've received recently and to everyone else that's donated to @david and I, we couldn't have made this update as legendary as it is without everyone's support. 👍

/Nimi

PBR texture support is AMAZING! the 3d textures are gonna make the animations and renders look SO much better! I don't know if it's too early to do this, but I already picked the best PBR packs. And a question to the devs: Will we be able to apply pathfinding OR IK to custom models and will normal texture packs be fixed(I don't know if I'm the only one that has this problem but everytime I import a texture pack from a .zip, it just shows the Bare Bones textures)??

On 8/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, Nimi said:

2.0 will be the last major update david and I will have involvement in, pre-release 5 will mostly reflect the full release aside from having bugs. We don't plan on overhauling particles with physics or adding better texture/audio options, though I'm currently looking into alpha hashing(gives noisy results with low samples, but improves most transparency issues) before the full release to fix some current major issues with rendering.

.obj importing won't be in 2.0.

Will the alpha improvements also had alpha in the shadows?

For instance if you use the huge smoke particle with decreasing alpha until the smoke disapears as it behaves in Minecraft, the problem beside the alpha not working with dof etc it's that it also generates a shadow that does not disappear along with the smoke, so the shadows pop out all of a sudden when alpha of the particle hits 0%.

SSAO also pops in and out of the screen generating glitches. The SSAO should be expanded a bit beyond the actual FOV so it's rendered before you see it as an idea to solve this.

Edited by moniker

On 10/29/2022 at 6:31 PM, moniker said:

Will the alpha improvements also had alpha in the shadows?

For instance if you use the huge smoke particle with decreasing alpha until the smoke disapears as it behaves in Minecraft, the problem beside the alpha not working with dof etc it's that it also generates a shadow that does not disappear along with the smoke, so the shadows pop out all of a sudden when alpha of the particle hits 0%.

SSAO also pops in and out of the screen generating glitches. The SSAO should be expanded a bit beyond the actual FOV so it's rendered before you see it as an idea to solve this.

In addition to the above: There's also something wrong with the way blocks are rendered. If you enable came shake at a very subtle movement, you will see how there's some staight lines that happen in between blocks. It's like you import a world, but it's not a solid piece, something is going on where these lines pop. I'll post pics later.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:31 AM, TwoToRule said:

Before you complain about Mine-Imator 2.0 not being released yet...

Pre-release 5 is coming Friday. Chill.

Never mind, it's out.

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ