Simplistic Face Rig v.0.0.1

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Simplistic Face Rig

Version 0.0.1

For MI2.0pre5 users

Please disable custom material maps before using this face rig! This face rig contains items, which as of right now can crash your program if you try to modify the item's properties.

A simple mojang-styled face rig that has customizable eyes, pupils, eyebrows, eyelashes and mouths! Make your renders spring right back into life!

Please note a couple of things:

This is far from done, polishing and updates will be done later. I rushed this because I worried someone else would beat it before I did.

If you use this in any of your projects, let me know how it goes! I'd love to even maybe feature your renders on this page too. :)

If you find any issues, or you have any suggestions; don't fret to leave a reply! That helps me wonder what you guys want for a future update.

Download

Features

Spoiler

Simplistic Face Rig has several features, such as:

• Eyes that you can scale and recolor

• Pupils that you can scale and recolor

• Eyelashes that you can hide and recolor

• Eyebrows that you can hide, scale and recolor

• Mouths that you can switch between different item slots, move and recolor
  • And pretty much a lot of other things that you can already do with Mine-Imator. :)

Pictures

Spoiler

You'll find renders of things created using Simplistic Face Rig. Want yours here? Contact @funnydusto!
Official screenshot of Simplistic Face Rig

Credits

Spoiler

Just wanna say thanks to @ShinyGHASTTear for the Minecraft MC Letters model.

Also wanna say thanks again for PurePixel/MadPixel for usage of the Minecrafter font.

If you use this in your project, crediting me would be appreciated. :)

Edited by funnydusto
Added MI2.0 pre5 disclaimer

The eyes are pretty good but personally, i think you could improve the mouth. Right now i think it's just a cube, maybe you could add some depth to it (make it inverted). Also, maybe add some teeth and make it able to smile. I know this seems like a lot and i know your not done with it yet but just in case you improve it in the future. 

That's my tips. The eyes ae okay though. 😁

On 8/5/2022 at 8:32 AM, Ruby animations said:

The eyes are pretty good but personally, i think you could improve the mouth. Right now i think it's just a cube, maybe you could add some depth to it (make it inverted). Also, maybe add some teeth and make it able to smile. I know this seems like a lot and i know your not done with it yet but just in case you improve it in the future. 

That's my tips. The eyes ae okay though. 😁

Hey! Thank you for the tips. Unsure if I misunderstood what ya said but here goes. :)

The mouth is actually a customizable item sheet, in it's settings, you should be able to find a Item tab. In that Item tab, you can find other variations (or items) of different mouth textures you can use. I'll be adding more mouth textures later on since there's a very limited selection as of right now. :o

If you've got any ideas for mouths that you'd like to see, let me know! Thanks for checking it out. ^^

On 8/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, Eclipse said:

I am totally gonna use this! I have been looking for one ofthese for a while.

I'm actually quite surprised I haven't seen this properly done yet, maybe it's because the alternative was making several skin textures instead. However, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

If you've got any ideas, find any bugs, or just wanna reach out to me and show a creation that you made using this, let me know! :)

Edited by funnydusto
fixing typos :D

On 8/5/2022 at 4:15 PM, funnydusto said:

Hey! Thank you for the tips. Unsure if I misunderstood what ya said but here goes. :)

The mouth is actually a customizable item sheet, in it's settings, you should be able to find a Item tab. In that Item tab, you can find other variations (or items) of different mouth textures you can use. I'll be adding more mouth textures later on since there's a very limited selection as of right now. :o

If you've got any ideas for mouths that you'd like to see, let me know! Thanks for checking it out. ^^

I'm actually quite surprised I haven't seen this properly done yet, maybe it's because the alternative was making several skin textures instead. However, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

If you've got any ideas, find any bugs, or just wanna reach out to me and show a creation that you made using this, let me know! :)

Thanks, i'll definitely check that out. Looks like your rig is way better than i thought. Keep up the great work.