Slight delay when changing texture on next keyframe

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I use textures to animate parts of faces on my models. When a keyframe has a different texture from the last one, it takes a few milliseconds for the texture to change. In one old version I used to use primarily (1.1.4), the change would be instantaneous.

This delay isn't a big deal when working on the scene, but when exporting at 24fps, the texture doesn't change for an entire frame. It becomes more obvious when position and rotation change, too.

Here's an example render. Pay attention to the lightning bolt character's eyes and eyebrows, and notice how the textures change one frame after they move (and ignore the unfinished run cycles on the other characters).

AAWUweU5_AUUFCq7dd54-C5aHWJnoFnbKXKnpMZR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ou-XxB7gtoA3wvg1nDILiM1p5eqTVO_c/view?usp=sharing

If it helps, the texture type is Skin. That's the only one Modelbench would allow me to use.

EDIT: Totally forgot to say what version I'm on. Sorry about that. I'm using 2.0 Pre-release 2.
EDIT 2: Just upgraded to Pre-release 3, and the bug is still present.

Edited by ItzMichaelPhillips
Upgraded

I upgraded to Pre-release 4, and this bug is still there. Here's more of the animation to further demonstrate my problem.

Notice how at 0:21, right as the shot changes, the leftmost character's face has a different expression for one frame.

I'm willing to privately share the project with a developer if they ask for it.

On 8/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, ItzMichaelPhillips said:

I upgraded to Pre-release 4, and this bug is still there. Here's more of the animation to further demonstrate my problem.

Notice how at 0:21, right as the shot changes, the leftmost character's face has a different expression for one frame.

I'm willing to privately share the project with a developer if they ask for it.

This is such a great animation!