2.0 Prerelease default texture file locations

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Okay, longtime MI user here and I just swapped to the prerelease to check out the performance improvements, and so far that's all good and everything but there's one big issue. I really do not like the post 1.4 textures, and to combat this I would swap out the texture files for a modified programmer art pack for the past few versions of MI in the Data>Minecraft folder and the separate Roaming folder if need be. I've done that for the prerelease and yet it still uses the original default textures. I've done a total wipe of the roaming folder and done several clean installs, swapping out the zip files before starting, doing it after a startup on a second install, and none of it works anymore.
Considering the big changes for 2.0 include loading optimizations I assume there's a hidden cache somewhere that it's pulling its textures from now. If anyone knows where this is or how 2.0 loads its textures that would be greatly appreciated.

Or barring any of that, can we please get a way to set our default textures without having to import a texture pack into every project we make. Manually gutting folders wasn't exactly clean or efficient and now that's apparently not exactly an option.

1 answer to this question