How do you use Modelbench?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

This may sound stupid, but I don't even know how to open Modelbench. When I open the file and click "Modelbench.exe", it opens up and "Open" dialog showing me files. What should I open? If it's for opening and editing models, then where should I get the models or something?

Please help, thanks.

Edited by Mineimation
I forgot to add some tags.

1 answer to this question

On 5/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, Mineimation said:

This may sound stupid, but I don't even know how to open Modelbench. When I open the file and click "Modelbench.exe", it opens up and "Open" dialog showing me files. What should I open? If it's for opening and editing models, then where should I get the models or something?

Please help, thanks.

Well, actually, it's pretty simple:

1: Create the texture for the model, or you take one from a minecraft java mod/datapack.

2: Create a new model in modelbench.Maybe you pressed "Browse". I think when you close the tab where your files are showed, maybe then the modelbench program opens. Make sure you've got the right version and have extracted all the files from the zip-pack into a folder.

3: Make parts, blocks, plates, until you have a model. More in these tutorials by @SharpWind:

Yeah.. or search for modelbench tutorials.

Edited by Entibrine303