Mortality PLAYABLE Demo Reveal - Action Game Developed with Mine-Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's finally here

Please, feel free to give the demo a try!

Windows

Mac

(Be sure to see the ReadMe too!)

What is Mortality?

Mortality is a (hopefully) upcoming action/adventure RPG with heavy inspirations from the Batman: Arkham games and Undertale. There are plans for a vast amount of unique characters that will leave you with an unforgettable experience. 

Plot

Many years ago, a great war broke out between two worlds; the Mortal and Immortal Worlds. The Immortals came in vast numbers, but were ultimately defeated, and pushed back into the Immortal World. Now, the gateway has been reopened and three of the most powerful Immortals have entered; wrecking havoc on the Mortal World. With the fate of everything potentially at stake, only one person can stop their takeover, and bring them back to the Immortal World.

Will Development Continue?

That's honestly a really good question. I'm going to be absolutely transparent here; I'm not sure. It honestly would be my dream to develop this game and publish it. It's been on my mind for years. However, development has taken a lot longer than I anticipated. I've been designing this build of the game since January of last year and hoped to have a fully fleshed out demo with proper cutscenes, character interactions, inventory management, etc, but I'm not there yet. I don't plan on creating a Kickstarter for this project as of now; but that could definitely change with enough feedback and support! If you'd like to help it come to life, please share it and give feedback! Doing anything you can to help spread it will help tremendously! 

Some Things to Note

There aren't any major bugs (to my knowledge)! Any bugs or major things to take notice of will be listed here. This is a very rough demo of the game! There were many more features planned to be in it, but I've unfortunately run out of time to keep developing this game for full time. This demo won't be receiving any updates, but you can check here for anything out of place!

1. Loading text doesn't go away upon completion of loading the game. (Weird, I'm not sure why it does that?)
  2. Settings sliders don't function. (This was one of the last major parts I was designing before I had to halt development)

How can I Stay Updated?

Subscribe to my YouTube account or follow me on Twitter to see any updates to Mortality! You can also look at my account here to see previous posts about Mortality!

Thank you for reading!

Thank you everyone!

I believe I'm going to start making smaller projects in the meantime until I can get the stability I need. This project has done a great job of showing the game design potential of Mine-Imator! I truly wish I could have implemented more things (there was A LOT more planned), but timing is a struggle! I hope to share new creations with you guys in the (relatively) near future! 🤝

With the knowledge I have of AI now, I think it would be really interesting to make something where YOU are the one being hunted by something. So many ideas haha!